Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my Teck Grounding Kit (customised for RHD) and installed it tonight. Some of the grounding points were a b***h to get to, but i eventually got them all done. Having just got back from a 10 min drive, I can honestly say that the lag between shifts is greatly reduced. I couldnt even feel the 1-2 shift! :eek: This was the roughest shift before I put the kit on. The other shifts are also much smoother

Havent noticed fuel savings yet :p or faster start up

But the smoother shifting is definitely noticeable. I cant explain why, and i doubt it is all psychological when so many others have reported the same thing. Plus, I only have about 10,000k's so the effect will probably be present for cars with greater miles too.

Pros: faster shifting, purchased for special xmas price
Cons: installation for some of the points was really hard to access

For anyone else who has a RHD car here are the details of the kit:
16.25” between points 2 and 7
12.5” between points 3 and 4
34.5” between points 3 and 5
36” between points 3 and 9
8.5” between points 5 and 6
14.5” between points 5 and 7
14” between points 6 and 8

So basically the only changes are increased length for the cable between points 3 and 9 (in bold above) and no need for the cable between 1 and 9.

PS: Actually 36" may be a little too long. 34" or 35" should suffice fine.

www.teckkits.com

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bazza
Recognise you from UK LOC
Anyways, email Paul for the installation guide to confirm all the points are there
Im pretty sure point 9 will not be there, and not too sure about the engine mounting points since the 200 has a different engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.