Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the direction of detailed information describing how the I3300s computer systems work and what components make up the system ? I called a couple dealers in my area and they claim they have no such documents, I also called the 800 customer service number and they were no help as expected :x .

Thanks.

-TJW

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you looking for something specific about the IS300 ECU? I have the service manuals so I can look up something for you. If not, there's plenty of information on the internet about generic ECU functions, OBD2 parameters, etc. The details might be different but all ECUs pretty much function the same way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool ... I will do so some searching for information about ECUs in general. If you know of a good website can you post the link ? Thanks.

-TJW

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called my dealer to get a price quote on the service manuals for my 2003 manual IS300 ... $370 beans ! Are they worth it ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
twessels said:
I called my dealer to get a price quote on the service manuals for my 2003 manual IS300 ... $370 beans ! Are they worth it ?
they're worth it if u take the time to make a pdf version and sell it online... but taht's illegal..... or photocopy it and give it out to people and make frends... but thats also illegal i believe...... so yeah.... its only useful if u do everything yurself.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
ICE300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing