Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my exhaust redone today. This one-man shop replaced the Borla reasonator with a generic brand and then replaced all the pipes creating a "tucked in" and much cleaner set-up. I was concerned about how it would sound and I was quite relieved that it sounded even better. It wasn't any louder but it sounded more throaty. I am very pleased. :approve

Reactions: SamanthaIS300

·
1,621 Posts
Damn phase II already!!

You are one busy man! :lol:

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm fucking impatient as hell Mike. I bring it back to the original shop tomorrow to finish the sub and then Nick will be down on the 18th to help me with the Carson bumper, HID fogs, headlights, tails & trunk lights and the ambient lighting.

How are things on your end, aye?

·
1,621 Posts
Hahaha, it's looking good man!

Things are going good thanks!
Got my IS outta storage this past weekend and installed all the new suspension parts. Now I'm just waiting on my front and rear bumper and front are rear lip to get back from the paint shop. Should have it on the road by next week!! :bigSmile:

Reactions: DS8

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jealous Mayo, your car is awesome. BTW waiting back on Matt to get my username on the my is decal.

Matt

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
If I remember correctly from pictures I've seen before, I think that new job looks much better. Very cool, Mayo. :) It's awesome how much you do to your car.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
That looks 110 times better than the last setup did!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Did you use to have some chunky ass welds going on? or is that some other guy with a duel exhaust setup? These welds look quite a bit better, but they still don't quite have that nice roll of quarter look all the girls are into ;)

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
copy cat!!! jk
I believe the correct phrase is "benchmarking" ;)

Did you use to have some chunky ass welds going on? or is that some other guy with a duel exhaust setup? These welds look quite a bit better, but they still don't quite have that nice roll of quarter look all the girls are into ;)
You are right on the first point. I'm not sure what girls are into anymore but my wife loves me. In fact, she told me that just a few days ago. :lol:

This was the guy I should have brought my car to last year but he was building a house at the time and then had knee surgery. I just couldn't get on his schedule. I was really concerned when I stopped by to see the progress and the Borla reasonator was on the ground. I really didn't want something that would be obnoxiously loud but to my surprise it just sounded better. He actually painted the welds black last night and I will pick it up this morning. :approve: I'll get some better pictures today.

·
Registered
532 Posts
nice car bro love the duel out exhaust

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Coming from a guy with "TRD" in his screen name, I would say I'm in good company. ;) Thanks bro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts