Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys...

Just wanted to show you a litle project a neigbor of mine and i are doing. GTE into an 04 Altezza SXE10

We started on friday evenning and on saturday it was in.

Right now we are working on the tranny and we will have a local guy that will work on the electrical part.

here are some crappy cel pics.

enjoy...

Reactions: mikkellucci

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
dominican republic is taking over with IS's...haha.

thats it.. im taking my shit over there.

< calling shipping company's now.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Awesome work. But the motor seems a tad (1-2") too far forward. It would be really beneficial from a weight distribution and fit standpoint to relocate it farther back. You're hood will just interfere with the TB and turbo exit plumbing with it that far forward. You're shifter will be a tad forward as well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice work! :approve:

what motor mounts did you use?
Stock 2jz-gte, it bolted right up on the stock holes

dominican republic is taking over with IS's...haha.

thats it.. im taking my shit over there.

< calling shipping company's now.
hahahaha i work at a shipping company i can hook you up ;)

Awesome work. But the motor seems a tad (1-2") too far forward. It would be really beneficial from a weight distribution and fit standpoint to relocate it farther back. You're hood will just interfere with the TB and turbo exit plumbing with it that far forward. You're shifter will be a tad forward as well.
it does sit a litle forward than the GTE VVTI engine, this swap has been done to another one before and the hood did not interfered whatsoever.
Also note the tranny isnt bolted in yet and the engine is pointing a litle upwards atm.

Right now, we are making a custom part for the tranny to make the stick go where it should be, because it is indeed aprox 1.5" more forward than what it should be, we bought the turbo 7mgte tranny and made a custom work to make it bolt onto the 2jz block.

Today we have a local guy working with the wiring harness, we might turn it on tomorow.We will be using both ECU's, stock Altezza and Stock 2jz-GTE Also waiting on the FMIC to arrive and the pipping.

If everything goes well, i will be doing it to my IS in the next couple of months.

Ill keep you updated

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
i was thinking the same thing. seems to be that way with a lot of the usdm GTE motor swaps.

why cant you take the motor mounts from the GE and mount them on the GTE block? thats one thing i couldnt figure out about the swaps. if this doesnt work, than how do people swap in the GTE short block?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
i was thinking the same thing. seems to be that way with a lot of the usdm GTE motor swaps.

why cant you take the motor mounts from the GE and mount them on the GTE block? thats one thing i couldnt figure out about the swaps. if this doesnt work, than how do people swap in the GTE short block?
because the mounting holes on newer 98+ GTE shortblocks from toyota have the mounting holes to match the IS300 GE mounts to have it sit perfectly....unlike the older GTE motors, the mounting holes are different ;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
nice work. Are you guys doing the fmic piping as well!? Curious as to what company piping you ordered and plan to fabricate.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Stock 2jz-gte, it bolted right up on the stock holes

hahahaha i work at a shipping company i can hook you up ;)

it does sit a litle forward than the GTE VVTI engine, this swap has been done to another one before and the hood did not interfered whatsoever.
Also note the tranny isnt bolted in yet and the engine is pointing a litle upwards atm.

Right now, we are making a custom part for the tranny to make the stick go where it should be, because it is indeed aprox 1.5" more forward than what it should be, we bought the turbo 7mgte tranny and made a custom work to make it bolt onto the 2jz block.

Today we have a local guy working with the wiring harness, we might turn it on tomorow.We will be using both ECU's, stock Altezza and Stock 2jz-GTE Also waiting on the FMIC to arrive and the pipping.

If everything goes well, i will be doing it to my IS in the next couple of months.

Ill keep you updated
There was no need to fab up an adaptor for the R154 Tranny. You could have just bought a Bellhousing for the 1JZ. $300 from Champion Toyota in Houston.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
because the mounting holes on newer 98+ GTE shortblocks from toyota have the mounting holes to match the IS300 GE mounts to have it sit perfectly....unlike the older GTE motors, the mounting holes are different ;)
thanks for the clarification. so im assuming its difficult to find a 98 usdm GTE just sittin around somewhere.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hello guys, just wated to let you know that the wiring went great. the car idles perfectly ad it starts on the first crank.

Ill post a small vid after we finigh everything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts