Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i can say is, perfect.

I just installed the team lexus (borla) exhaust on my car. The slight growl when it starts up to the very subtle deepness through the revs. I can hear a difference from stock up to 3k, unlike others who have said they cannot. The exhaust is perfect, it sounds just a slight bit louder than stock but it sound beautiful. I'm so in love, especially since i got it for 510 with shipping (ebay: Titanmotorsports).

I browse the forums more than post, so I've seen a lot of ppl asking for an exhaust thats not too loud and sounds classy. This is seriously something to look into. Definitely an exhaust for anybody wanting to creat the perfect sleeper. God i'm amazingly happy right now, since i also just got a v1 hardwired in, and yes this is my first real mod to the car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wonder how it would sound with header and a race pipe. I want to complete the rest of my exhaust but super loud just doesn't seem like it fits that car ya know. Anyone have the team Lexus exhaust with header and Y?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Good price....It has been said that exhaust is the exact same thing as the regular borla...but 510 is a pretty good price since alot of other exhaust are around 400-600 shipped.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fastfox86 said:
I wonder how it would sound with header and a race pipe. I want to complete the rest of my exhaust but super loud just doesn't seem like it fits that car ya know. Anyone have the team Lexus exhaust with header and Y?
I'm sure headers, and y pipe will make it retardedly loud. But u have to ask yourself, is that what you want? I personally didn't do it for hp, b/c there isn't much to be gained. You're better off working on suspension and also your driving style/technique. Trust me there is almost always room for improvement unless ur like mario andretti or something.

The price was in fact cheaper than what the regular borla exhaust is going for on ebay, 565? w/o shippin i blv. This just looks hotter since Team Lexus is stamped on the tip.

Also i forgot to mention, for anyone looking at the exhaust, when its warm/hot it tends to stick out more.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The Borla Team Lexus is not the same as the regular cat-back Borla.

They sound different and there is different baffleing on each.

I'm not sure about the Team Lexus version, but my regular Borla exhaust is steal pipeing (rusted a bit) and stainless steal muffler, tip, and resonator. and it sounds like.... well

here, http://www.fusioncarclub.com/images/MikeH/Mikes Lexus Small.wmv

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FourT6and2 said:
The Borla Team Lexus is not the same as the regular cat-back Borla.

They sound different and there is different baffleing on each.

I'm not sure about the Team Lexus version, but my regular Borla exhaust is steal pipeing (rusted a bit) and stainless steal muffler, tip, and resonator. and it sounds like.... well

here, http://www.fusioncarclub.com/images/MikeH/Mikes Lexus Small.wmv
Are you sure? When i was putting it on last night, it looked like stainless steel. I thought that the two exhausts were identical except for the fact that this one has stamped tip

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Edited thread title to avoid confusion... you do not have the "Team lexus" exhaust... which is a full exhaust system from the headers to the tailpipe... you just have the rebranded borla with a special stamp on the tail (and a bit different muffler I believe). The exhaust was rebranded to try and cash in on the TL name.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Paki_Sleepa said:
Are you sure? When i was putting it on last night, it looked like stainless steel. I thought that the two exhausts were identical except for the fact that this one has stamped tip
The pipes on my borla exhaust are not stainless steal, it is regular steal and it has rusted. The muffler and resonator are stainless though.

The Team Lexus edition of the Borla exhaust has a slightly different muffler as well as the stamp to make it all cool and official.

·
Registered
84 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
The pipes on my borla exhaust are not stainless steal, it is regular steal and it has rusted. The muffler and resonator are stainless though.
Are you sure they are not stainless, some grades of stainless do in fact rust. I'd guess that the tubing is actually a 409 SS and the other pieces are 304 SS.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
buzz said:
Are you sure they are not stainless, some grades of stainless do in fact rust. I'd guess that the tubing is actually a 409 SS and the other pieces are 304 SS.
It is possible. But the pipes didn't look stainless to me. They had a clear vertical grain which traveled the length of the pipe, inside and out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Having seen the two side by side it seems to me that there is a little difference than just the rebadged and restyled tip. I don't know how much difference but when I look inside the tip of the Team lexus edition by borla the baffling starts almost 1.5 inches into the tip. On the regular Borla it starts almost 3.5 inches into the tip. While I have no clue if its just the tips or if the whole exhaust is different but its still a little different than a badge change. Just curious.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dasgalloway said:
Edited thread title to avoid confusion... you do not have the "Team lexus" exhaust... which is a full exhaust system from the headers to the tailpipe... you just have the rebranded borla with a special stamp on the tail (and a bit different muffler I believe). The exhaust was rebranded to try and cash in on the TL name.
ah yes i completely forgot about that, my mistake.

Also has anyone else noticed if their exhaust muffler/tip is more towards the left? Its off center and it's annoying me, does anyone know how to correct this? On top of that, the exhaust pokes out more when it's hot. Just an observation.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
OKCIS said:
There you go its stainless steel
I do not have the Team Lexus edition...I have the regular Borla as stated in my previous posts.

I was saying that mine is not SS and that the Team Lexus edition was.

Go back and read...

And yes, the tip does stick out farther when the exhaust gets hot. That is the general nature of things when they get hot...they expand.

And my tip points down and to the right and it is annoying.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
I do not have the Team Lexus edition...I have the regular Borla as stated in my previous posts.

I was saying that mine is not SS and that the Team Lexus edition was.

Go back and read...

And yes, the tip does stick out farther when the exhaust gets hot. That is the general nature of things when they get hot...they expand.

And my tip points down and to the right and it is annoying.
I was talking to Paki Sleepa maybe you should go back and read you fucking smartass he clearly says
-rep for being a cocksucker

·
Registered
411 Posts
To fix the sticking to the left unbolt the exhaust from its individual calmps and adjust things till its right. Then bolt the clamps back up.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
OKCIS said:
I was talking to Paki Sleepa maybe you should go back and read you fucking smartass he clearly says

-rep for being a cocksucker
Wow, you have some hostility issues. Did I insult you or something? I wasn't trying to start something.

-rep for you back.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts