Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been not even two weeks and already my first 1000 miles are behind me. The car is still running strong. Nothing has gone wrong (knock on wood) not even the slightest inclination of a problem. The coolest thing is that with my nice quite exhaust (Borla) the car is stock quite at idle and part throttle. It is only when you stomp it and the WG opens that it sounds like the monster it really is. However, the borla is coming off soon in favor of a more open flowing design to free up some more HP. So far the only modifications I have done from the way TE set me up have been to remove all but two of the washers in my BOV (now I get "pssshhh" instead of "wa ta ta ta ta") and to add a greddy catch can.

The mod bug is knocking at my door once again.

For the next round of mods

Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Semi-metalic pads
SS Lines
And better fluid

AEM Wideband
Greddy Profec Type S boost conroller
Greedy Turbo Timer (maybe)
TE injector Upgrade
Trans Cooler
Invidia N1 70mm exhaust

I won't really be cranking up the boost just yet. I am trying to build up in a way that I can have peice of mind about my motor and trans.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Congrats. Do you have the Turbo XS BOV? I like hearing the "wa ta ta ta ta" :lol:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have the Turbo XS BOV that comes with the S1. I didn't mind the "wa ta ta ta ta" I just didn't like being able to feel it in my gas pedal. With the psshhh sound the BOV opens with less vacume, it just feels better for me.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have the S2 BTW. I'm running the EVO2 with mine. It now spools a little faster than my last set-up (HKS Dragger & stock b-pipe). What do you mean by "TE injector Upgrade"? What fuel upgrades do you have now?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I have the S1 kit (essentialy the same fuel managment as the S2) plus the e-manage w/injector harness. All the injector upgrade is, is 6 440cc injectors with clips.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
the turboxs BOV sounds like a turkey. i like the way it sounds

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
mikefate said:
the turboxs BOV sounds like a turkey. i like the way it sounds

i like it too.. But under full hard boost on the PFS kits that i have installed, its a very loud PSHHHHHT.... Under partial throttle its a turkey.. lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still get the turkey caller at 1-4 PSI, above that I get psshhh.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
here's a vid i have of the full boost BOV being talked about. it's an old vid, but still. i may have one of the turkey call everyone is talking about, but i'm not digging it up.

save as

·
Registered
839 Posts
IS_Dude said:
here's a vid i have of the full boost BOV being talked about. it's an old vid, but still. i may have one of the turkey call everyone is talking about, but i'm not digging it up.

save as
Nevermind *insert foot in mouth**

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gas gauge works great if you fill up with the key in the ON position. My milage has changed little while not boosting. In fact its a little better because I had some problems that TE fixed while doing the install. While boosting its a whole different story milage SUCKS.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Anyone happen to have any other vids of the TurboXS type-H? IS-Dude, did you dig it up yet?

·
Rollin Boosted
2,801 Posts
I remember when the "mod bug" first hit me. It seems like such a long time ago. -B

·
Banned
125 Posts
i like the turbo XS. it is really loud and just one straight pssssshhhhhtttttttt. i had the rfhl r something like that on my turbo corrado when we hit 25psi it was insanely loud. could never get enough of it.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
SLayerS said:
So removing all but two washers will make BOV the "psshh" sound?
probably the way its designed, if there are washers in it and removing two, it reduces the springs tension /spring rate allowing lower boost to escape the BOV easier. if its too tight then the spring rate is too high for the amount of boost escaping OR theres not enough boost to vent smoothly from the BOV. same thing basicaly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts