Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I installed the ESK 2.0, however i didn't realize I had the key in the ignition , turned to on as I was pulling out the molex plug in the ecu and cutting the wires :eek:
So to make a long story short, when I was done and climbed in, all hell broke lose, CEL was on TRAC was blinking like a muther!!
I just disconnected the neg battery, I'll see tomorrow if the ECU is reset.
I just got my OS2 installed and working too..
all set for Carlsbad next week, gonna shoot for 15 or less..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didn't realize I had the key in the ignition , turned to on as I was pulling out the molex plug in the ecu and cutting the wires

Well, everything looks good, no blinkig TRAC or CEL.
I'll drive it around today.. I have it installed in the Engine Bay and will only turn it on when I'm at the track, which is next Saturday....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
i didn't realize I had the key in the ignition , turned to on as I was pulling out the molex plug in the ecu and cutting the wires

Well, everything looks good, no blinkig TRAC or CEL.
I'll drive it around today.. I have it installed in the Engine Bay and will only turn it on when I'm at the track, which is next Saturday....
let us know if it really makes a difference going down the track....i've read various things about it not doing anything at all...except in your mind.... :lol:

hopefully your new set up will get you under 15 sec, that would be sweet...good luck and keep us posted!!!!! :chill:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Well I installed the ESK 2.0, however i didn't realize I had the key in the ignition , turned to on as I was pulling out the molex plug in the ecu and cutting the wires :eek:
So to make a long story short, when I was done and climbed in, all hell broke lose, CEL was on TRAC was blinking like a muther!!
I just disconnected the neg battery, I'll see tomorrow if the ECU is reset.
I just got my OS2 installed and working too..

I think you're a manual, correct?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super_Lex:
Yeah I talked to you about your times and setup before. Our times were very close. That time was done with a 'Knock-Off PLP' and a Blitz drop in filter.
I want to see what times I'll get with the SRT. and if the ESK helps..

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Super_Lex:
Yeah I talked to you about your times and setup before. Our times were very close. That time was done with a 'Knock-Off PLP' and a Blitz drop in filter.
I want to see what times I'll get with the SRT. and if the ESK helps..
Be the first N/A auto to break into the 14's (that I would know of at least :) )

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
that's right.. he is manual.
Well, I'll see what I can do.. :D
My last weekend before my TBKO trip and I went to break the 14's. It was really cold that night so I knew I had a good chance. My first run after driving for 30 minutes to get there then lining right up not letting the car cool down was the 15.1...I let the car cool down but then I couldn't hook up and ended up getting worse times than my first. If I would have hooked and not slipped because of the cold tires and cold track, I think I would have at least got 15.0 flat and maybe even 14.99 or something.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aLLenIs3 said:
too late ive already done 14.9 and i know Bashar has also done 14's.. soo yea im FIRST AUTO to break 14's. I have time slips to prove. 14.973 @ 93 MPH On 18s.
Fockers!!! :lol: Great times... Allen what was your set-up at the time?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.