Lexus IS Forum banner

Tbko Help

658 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sidetracked3 
#1 ·
I have just got the shift kit for my car but I was wondering if anyone knows if it will void my warranty.

#3 ·
Ok, ok. I know my comment doesn't go along with the new "kinder, gentler" is300.net so sorry.

I don't know for sure but I would imagine technically it does void the warranty on the drivetrain, but if whatever breaks isn't related to the shift kit then lexus would probably fix it...but you takes yer chances.

Someone else probably has a more deffinate answer.

#4 ·
Send it back or sell it if you're worried about warranty. Good lord we should make a post/sticky that says if you're asking about warranty and aftermarket parts then please don't buy it.

To answer your question it will not void the warranty, but if you screw up during the install or if the ESK decides to fry your ecu for whatever reason then that will not be covered by your warranty at all. If some other ecu problem occurs they can still use that you messed with the ecu and not cover those damages under warranty (new ecu costs about $3000 i believe) Should your brakes go out for no reason, then that will still be covered cuz the ESK did not cause the defect. Any aftermarket that directly contributes to a part failure can void the warranty coverage for that part only and not the car as a whole.

Now again, there are some people who are looking for shift kit, see if a .net member who doesn't give sh$t about their warranty wants to buy it off of you. :wink:

#6 ·
Thats not true by law they have the burden of proof so they have to prove in court what ever the mod is that is was the direct cause of the problem with out reasonable doubt. one think you will learn with cars is that there is almost no certainty to some problems.

in this case if your tranny or you ECU pop your SOL.

JDMIS300 said:
From what ive heard lexus will find anything that will void warranty...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.