Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anbody sign up for this?

We welcome you to slide behind the wheel of today’s most advanced Lexus vehicles. Drive our newest and finest – as well as competing vehicles. No stress. No salespeople. No pressure.

Fast Lane
Drive the all-new, much-heralded 2006 IS 250 and IS 350. Compare the race-bred suspension, high-output engine and refined appointments to its top competitors – all on a tight, autocross-style drive course.

Ahead
Experience the world’s first luxury hybrid SUV, the Lexus RX 400h. Find out how Lexus has combined outstanding performance, economy and refined creature comforts in one beautiful and exciting package.

Speed
Discover the acceleration, surefooted handling and outstanding road manners of the all-new 2006 GS 300 and GS 430. See how they compare to their closest European competitors.

Rush
Indulge any and all of your automotive whims on the Lexus full-line drive course. Whether you select a Lexus sedan or luxury SUV, this promises to be a drive and a day to remember.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Ray, I signed up for Sat at 1:00.

See you there if you want to reminisce with your old exhaust!

Maybe we should have a mini-meet in the parking lot.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I signed up with a bunch on people for OCT. 2 pm and later. If u come down on Sat. Ray let me know and I can meet up with u.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Squareback said:

Hey Squareback anything else new to the Sportcross.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Do visor stickers count?

I think I am shooting for Eibach sways and springs next. Just waiting for some used ones to pop up. Also I wouldn't mind riding in a car that has the springs to see if they will pass the wife test.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Squareback said:

i signed up for Sunday the 2nd at 10:30. i wanted to sign up early in the day for i have the rest of the day to do other stuff..

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Squareback said:
Do visor stickers count?

I think I am shooting for Eibach sways and springs next. Just waiting for some used ones to pop up. Also I wouldn't mind riding in a car that has the springs to see if they will pass the wife test.
I guess but suspension is a great mod depending on your taste. I have on my IS is Blistein shocks , Eibach springs, and Hotchkis sway bars.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I know, I know, but I have limited options with the SportX, most springs that are made for the sedan, are either too soft/short in the back and I would be sagging in the rear.

From what I have read the Eibachs make it pretty even drop in the SportX.

H&R makes specific SportX springs, but from reading here, the drop sounds too much for tire and alignment issues.

So is everybody going Sunday? If everybody is meeting up and will hang out, I will switch.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I'll most likely sign up for Saturday (better for my daughter & son-in-law & their friends to attend that day). If there's a "mini-meet" on Sunday, however, keep me posted. I'll figure out a way to attend both days if necessary...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
im not 21 :pissed:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I don't mind a mini meet, but I prefer Sun. which was my original sign up date n have a bunch of my friends n family going. I will have my new shoes on my car by then. Let me know so we can arrange something. BTW Joaquin I m no longer at Honda but if u still need a car I can still be of help. Let me know when u r ready. Till then ponder about the mini meet n for which date n time.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Looks like Sunday is winning, as myself, hidinginthelight, and Joaquin are the only holdouts for Sat.

Fai, if you get the ball rolling on a mini-meet around lunch on Sunday, I will switch.

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
I am leaning towards Sunday morning at this point. In our past experience the early Sunday spots for driving events in South Florida are always the least crowded.

I am all for a mini meet in the parking lot of the event. Noonish sounds good. It will let the morning people meet up after they drive, and the afternoon people meet before they drive.

What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I'm a lemming, I switched to Sunday, 2:45. See you guys there around lunch. They were filling up fast, even while I was changing my reservation, so hurry if your going to do.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Squareback said:
They were filling up fast, even while I was changing my reservation, so hurry if you're going to do.
Yeah, I'll certainly vouch for that! All the early slots were taken for both Saturday AND Sunday, and the code number on my invitations didn't make one iota of difference as far as getting a better (earlier) time.

I signed up for Saturday at 3:45 AND Sunday at 3:15. Rudy (METEORO) is signed up for Sunday at 2:45 if I'm not mistaken.

Let me know when the Sunday "mini-meet" is set to start, and I'll be there.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts