Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
There is only one extra feature.... strobing. If you don't buy it, things won't strobe. But everything will still work the same, including the lock/unlock.

nice. i might be getting this then, the only thing i have left to convert to LED is the turn sigs and i didnt want to swap them b/c of the lock/unlock flash issue. thx for the reply!

·
Mr. Roo
9,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah I tested out a (much) cheaper IS350 LED flasher before getting this one, to make sure it worked first. This flasher is nicer than OEM lol...

I don't think that a group-buy would really be feasible for him, he makes these himself. But who knows, can't hurt to try, right? Let him know that Christopher sent you, and he will put two and two together.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Sorry guys no members are allowed to do / host group buys ...
Unless a vendor is hosting / puts the sale on...( which only happens in vendor section)

You have questions feel free to PM me

·
Registered
4 Posts
@TobiasSing shows a video in post 1 of practically everything about TapTurn...

except for what strobed signals look like (demonstrated in my Legacy, not an IS)...

And another feechur that probably not many would know about, because it's not in the instructions... it's a little trick I left in the product as an 'easter egg'. Here's a video of how to find it, and activate 'slow motion wig wag'.
In this video I have turned off strobing just for a change.

·
Registered
77 Posts
All stuff came in the mailbox today:)

When I realized that the relay was located behind the fusebox I just wanted to dig a hole and bury the car,
but it wasn´t so tricky to change it anyways, loosened the two 10mm screws and then bent out the entire box with a screwdriver so much that I could get the relay out and in with the new one ;)

I activated the Strobe on the Hazards, and when I was out on a test run tonight I actually had "use" for it, I had a car behind me who was all up in my trunk tailgating me, so I made a Strobe for a few seconds and damn that car slammed on it brakes and stayed way behind me after that haha.

But the Leds was a bit dissapointing, weaker output than I expected, and the T10 was to long to fit in the fendersignal, and that one didn´t have to be Amber cause there was a coloured cap inside it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very cool flasher mod Tobias. Thanks for sharing. For those of you hesitant to spend this amount of coin on it, but still want to install leds in the signals without getting the hyperflash, the correct flasher from superbrightleds to order is: toyota flasher marked PN: 81980-50030. Thanks @inspar8r for providing that info.

I never updated my post you found in that search, but I have since installed it and it got rid of the hyperblink and the flashers function as they normally should. I may be doing this mod down the line though at some point for it's uniqueness factor. It's definitely sweet!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very cool flasher mod Tobias. Thanks for sharing. For those of you hesitant to spend this amount of coin on it, but still want to install leds in the signals without getting the hyperflash, the correct flasher from superbrightleds to order is: toyota flasher marked PN: 81980-50030. Thanks @inspar8r for providing that info.

I never updated my post you found in that search, but I have since installed it and it got rid of the hyperblink and the flashers function as they normally should. I may be doing this mod down the line though at some point for it's uniqueness factor. It's definitely sweet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
All stuff came in the mailbox today:)

I activated the Strobe on the Hazards, and when I was out on a test run tonight I actually had "use" for it, I had a car behind me who was all up in my trunk tailgating me, so I made a Strobe for a few seconds and damn that car slammed on it brakes and stayed way behind me after that haha.
Did you throw them some wig-wag with those strobes !?

Nice job!

Cheers
Scott

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
31 Participants
TobiasSing
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing