Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured that I should share this simple mod with you guys since I was the first to do it, and it works perfectly!

This is especially for people who want to put LEDs in the turn signals and need to eliminate the hyperflash. But anyone can enjoy the features of this unit.

It's called "TapTurn" from autowindow.com and is also available from diodedynamics.com. It's a simple plug-and-play flasher unit. Apparently, the IS300 uses the same flasher as the newer IS250/350, so no worries there. I've never seen any Lexus with this, but it's all the rage in the Subaru world.

Other than the perfect 90 flashes per minute with LED, the most notable feature with this is the automatic flashing just by tapping the stalk. A lot of newer cars have this feature, and now I do, too!

It also has some funky hazard mods, my favorite is the strobing wig-wag.

I might as well just post the video at this point, it shows all the features and setup.

Here is where you install it. The flasher is located behind the driver's side kick panel, you have to unbolt everything and pull it out to get to it. The big red box is the flasher, and you replace that with this.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is pretty sweet, good job!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
good stuff chris.
how much did the kit run you?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
very interesting, I thing strobe hazards would be good, tap turn feature looks awsome...adding this to my ever growing list LOL

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Apparently, the IS300 uses the same flasher as the newer IS250/350, so no worries there.
reading comprehension & inferred/implied instructions seem to escape this group lately LOL :p

·
Mr. Roo
9,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ there is only ONE TapTurn, and that list is vehicles that it fits. I told them to update it showing that it fits our car as well. So you only buy the one TapTurn, you don't buy one for a certain car, there is only one model.

I drove with it today... used the strobing wig wags once lol. But the TapTurn feature itself rocks... I felt safer changing lanes without needing one hand on the blinker... OK yeah not that it was unsafe before, but it was one less thing I needed to think about.

Oh, and another thing... since I've got strobing engaged, the alarm lock/unlock hazard flash strobes!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I was coming in here to see a burn the hole in the pocket mod. but this turned out pretty good.

i like it

·
Registered
838 Posts
^^^ there is only ONE TapTurn, and that list is vehicles that it fits. I told them to update it showing that it fits our car as well. So you only buy the one TapTurn, you don't buy one for a certain car, there is only one model.

I drove with it today... used the strobing wig wags once lol. But the TapTurn feature itself rocks... I felt safer changing lanes without needing one hand on the blinker... OK yeah not that it was unsafe before, but it was one less thing I needed to think about.

Oh, and another thing... since I've got strobing engaged, the alarm lock/unlock hazard flash strobes!

so unless you buy the extra features the lock/unlock still wont flash?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
31 Participants
TobiasSing
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing