Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..in my never ending search for the right coilovers, I came across a good price on Tanabe's Sustec Coilovers. I have heard about them but never heard reviews on them since not too many people use em' So im wondering if anyone here are using them and what they think about the ride. Is the ride good, is it a good drop an other useful info would be a great help help!

Thanks guys from up north!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I might be able to help you out here.
I had a set of the Sustec Pro S-S with pillow mounts before I got Tein HA. Tanabe Sustec is very much like stock in terms of ride quality. It offeres more performance than the stock, yet it retains the stock ride quality. Its stiff, but not as harsh as the Tein HA. U can compare the Sustec Pro S-S with Tein CS. Except that the Sustec is easier to adjust. Don't have to take off trunk carpet to gain access to adjust damping. As for performance goes, it's not as good as the Tein HA, because of the lower spring rate that is closer to Tein CS. As for drop goes, I had about 2.5 inch drop with them. Even at the hardest setting its not harsh and offers good performance. Plus it doesn't make noise like the Tein HA even with pillow mounts.

Hope this helps.

Scooby786 said:
Hey guys..in my never ending search for the right coilovers, I came across a good price on Tanabe's Sustec Coilovers. I have heard about them but never heard reviews on them since not too many people use em' So im wondering if anyone here are using them and what they think about the ride. Is the ride good, is it a good drop an other useful info would be a great help help!

Thanks guys from up north!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey IS3zero,
thanks for the advice, it was exactly what i was looking for! In fact, when i was looking at the Tein coliovers I was in the market for the CS model and since the Tanabe's are closer to them, I think I'm gonna get them.
Thanks again! :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
No Problem

You'll be happy with those, since you said you are looking for something close to Tein CS. :D I know I was happy with them when I had then. A set of sway bars will help with performance as well. I had Tanabe Sustec with TRD sway bars before. Works well for daily diriving needs. 8)

Scooby786 said:
Hey IS3zero,
thanks for the advice, it was exactly what i was looking for! In fact, when i was looking at the Tein coliovers I was in the market for the CS model and since the Tanabe's are closer to them, I think I'm gonna get them.
Thanks again! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
IS3zero
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing