Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell what king of horsepower gains they got with this exhaust? Also how does it sound inside the car while you are driving?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can anyone tell what king of horsepower gains they got with this exhaust? Also how does it sound inside the car while you are driving?

i actually have that exhaust. it sounds great while cruising. nice growl. at WOT, its amazing. from inside...you feel it. great sound. you'll like it if you get this exhaust
i read somewhere that its suppose to have a 8-10hp gain?? not really sure tho. i have an injen intake also. when i drive i feel like i have about a 10hp gain. i have 250, so 204hp. with exhaust and intake, about 214hp. its not much but you can feel it fo sho.
i actually just made a video of it this afternoon. sounds great.
heres the link

YouTube - cold start, idle, rev

enjoy

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have the tanabe... great exhaust

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
No axle-back for the IS will give you more than about 5-7 whp... and that's on an IS350, I imagine a 250s gains would be that or less. It's a very pretty and well made exhaust system though, so if you're looking for that and a slightly louder exhaust, go for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i don't think so.
well, i'm all the way in texas,
it might be different in CA

send them an e-mail.
they're pretty quick in getting back to you
or give them a call

·
Registered
46 Posts
I talked to them via AIM and they said that they only charge tax for California.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The tanabe is generally considered the quietest exhaust available, often by a wide margin.

Give any axle-back will only give you maybe 5-7 hp tops I'm not sure if you'd want to bother spending $600+ for a system that sounds identical to stock. Most folks buying exhaust for the 2IS are doing it for the noise, not for any significant power gains.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've heard a tanabe d/t toronto before..it sounds nice..but it's a little quiet for my tastes...i have the HKS hi-power and it's a lot louder...the drone inside the car is a bit much...gf is complaining...but i have the silenced inserts for them...so it should be good! the loss from silencers is negligible as well (like 2-4 hp)!

only downside of the HKS is that the pipes are HUGE (115mm)...i didnt like them too much at first...but it's ok now...i got used to them :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
HKS Hi Power

I have a HKS HI POWER exhaust setup in mine.. It sounds sick:

I'm actually willing to sell it to anyone interested.. [email protected] with your offer, located in florida, paid 750+shipping for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My friend just got this exhaust for his is250 and it sounds great!
got it at hipowermotorsports.com for $663 shipped, really good deal
does anyone know if it sounds the same on the is350?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts