Registered
5,055 Posts
Looks great!
Nice snag from Corey.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I can't post anymore, side skirts aren't here yet, and my wheels are in limbo between plastidip and gunmetal (looks horrible).

I'll take more once the side skirts arrive.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
that looks sweet!
Thank yaaaa.

Now somebody help me with my wheels! I've looked around a lot but I can't find a concrete answer.

Specs are
17x8 +36
17x9 +36

I'm lowered about 2+ inches 2 1/2 max. I want a flush fitment and I know I will need spacers, just what size? and Tire size?

I'm not shy from bodywork so a roll and pull are in the works when need be.

I greatly appreciate the opinions.

So far I've been advised for
15mm spacer up front with a 215
10mm spacer in the rear with a 225

·
Registered
647 Posts
alright i would personally do either 215/40 or 225/40 up front, and 245/35 or 235/40 on the rear. just to give you an idea of sidewall height (215/40=86mm sidewall) (225/40=90mm sidewall) (245/35= 85.75mm sidewall) (235/40 = 94mm)

you would be fine with either of the two setups, these are mostly conservative and not very stretched or anything. I'm not sure what kind of look your going for, hellaflush or hellafunctional lol? The smaller sizes (215/40 and 235/40 would have less clearance issues but might be slightly stretched) I would personally choose 225/40 and 245/35 9 (not stretched, more properly fitting). Honestly, if your fenders are rolled, you should be able to fit any of these sizes no problem.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
alright i would personally do either 215/40 or 225/40 up front, and 245/35 or 235/40 on the rear. just to give you an idea of sidewall height (215/40=86mm sidewall) (225/40=90mm sidewall) (245/35= 85.75mm sidewall) (235/40 = 94mm)

you would be fine with either of the two setups, these are mostly conservative and not very stretched or anything. I'm not sure what kind of look your going for, hellaflush or hellafunctional lol? The smaller sizes (215/40 and 235/40 would have less clearance issues but might be slightly stretched) I would personally choose 225/40 and 245/35 9 (not stretched, more properly fitting). Honestly, if your fenders are rolled, you should be able to fit any of these sizes no problem.
What about a 215 35 up front and a 225 40 out back?? As far as my limited tire (or tyre) knowledge is concerned that will give me a slight raked look also.

And sides are on for some reason haha

My iphone camera sucks.

Also beginning my manwellll swap. Bout to pick up a R154 all set for our application already from a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This looks so good, I wish I had Vertex :/
Lol chad you are too low for vertex. Not sure if you can fit aluminum foil as a lip anymore jk. Cw ftw! Lovin it

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
2003 CW New guy

Lol chad you are too low for vertex. Not sure if you can fit aluminum foil as a lip anymore jk. Cw ftw! Lovin it
Thank you :). I'm in between wheels right now. I'm looking at those 18in equips from db8 but I hate chrome. I'm also looking at the 17 equips and the 17 ssr koenigs, but I feel 17s with the vertex kit might make me to low. I can barely get in and out of my neighborhood as it is....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Yessss

This hosting site sucks.... Can't access tinypic at work :(

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Well the world is changing, and as the world changes I decide to change too.

I love the vertex kit but I've decided to take it off for a little while, for a couple reasons. One I'm waiting on my Jdm rear to get here so I can actually complete the kit, two the side skirts are cracked in multiple spots that need repair, and three the skirts bow out like wings and make my car look like its going to take flight (its not that bad). So now I'm just gonna rock the stock bumper with my trd rep lip and smile as I barely graze the speed bumps adorning my neighborhood.

Last pics of the Vertex

My first roller shot haha

I also got rid of the Plastidip on the wheels, and I forgot how fucked the rims are underneath :(. I debadged the trunk and took the vht off the tail lights. Almost scored a free set of SD tail lights at my dealership, got too excited and overlooked the fact that it had two different ones :/.

Don't mind the leaves, it was pouring outside.

Also took the plastidip off the grille and shot it a satin black. Looks wayy better, I originally did the emblem in all white which looked awesome (5 ft away).

And lastly I cleaned my air filter and decarbed my intake.

And wheels are paid off next Friday! Then I wait 2 months for them to get here :(. So excite

Besides that I'm working on getting toe links to fix my wacked alignment, black tails, r154, and after thats squared away booooooooooooooost.

Also in the middle of a lost claim with greyhound express, which I will NEVER use again, and highly advise doing the same. They are the most unprofessional people Ive ever dealt with. If you do decide to use them google "greyhound express lost packages" then decide, also it would fine to ship items that are worth under 300 dollars because supposably thats all they reimburse which is not going to be the case for myself once I get Johnny Law involved....

61 - 80 of 285 Posts