Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not beleieve my good luck. Driving home a graphite color (whatever it was called for 2001) sportcross pulls out right behind me, follows me home, and I run out to flag him down. Turns out this guy is the distribution manager for Lexus in the midwest.

Fact: 5-speeds are on the train from Portland to West Chicago.

Fact: Sportcross is about a week behind.

Fact: Every dealer in the midwest is getting only one and I do mean one 5 speed for their initial allotment. Every dealer should know what they are getting. If they say they don't they are lying.

Fact: All 5 speeds will not initially have the navigation sysytem, and according to him only come in leather escaine. So if you want something else you will have to wait.

Good news for me: If my dealer doesn't get the red 5-speed I ordered he said he could find one for me (made my night). Also, he told me to stop by this week and drive the cars (he had to really twist my arm
). I'll let everybody know how it was, and if I can find out about things like coupe/convertible, redesign, more H.P., etc.

One little fact about the sportcross, the rear tires are larger so the back end doesn't slip out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my car serviced at lexus of Peoria and they will have 3 2002's next week...one is sold, not sure when the cross will get there...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
who about the east region distribution managners, what are they saying?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to go in on Thursday to check out the 5-speeds. I'll ask about about how the distribution is set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts