Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was walking out of a MediaPlay (BTW, that store sucks so hard it's difficult to explain in one language), and as I approached my car, there were three *very* seedy looking guys standing just off the passenger side, looking at the wheels. As I approach, one guy says, "Hey, this your car?"

"Yes."

"These 17-inch wheels?"

"Yes."

"Where'd you get 'em?"

"They're stock."

"Man I could use a set of these for my ride."

Scary. Makes me wonder how much longer I would have had to be inside the store for these nimrods to try something.

You guys care about my weekend, so there you go. Thank me later, muffins.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by IIIseries:
Does your Acura come with wheel locks? Just curious about your car, I dont really care about your weekend
Yeah, it does, but I haven't had the time to install them.

Here's the fact: the CL-S wheels are pretty nice, but nothing I would consider steal-worthy. Apparently I'm wrong...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Punks will steal ANYTHING these days. Especially anything from an Acura. There was a hilarious letter in Sport Compact Car last month from a guy with a CL-S who had like 2 or 3 'Type-S' emblems stolen. He did have a point; funny how these creeps will spend 700 bucks on an exhaust, 200 bucks for an intake, but wont drop 20 on an emblem, lol.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When my car was delivered to my house it was perfect -- except for the fact it was missing the Type S emblem. When the salesman and I were signing my final papers in my Florida room, he told me: "We get the Type S badges stolen off our cars all the time, so if we have a say in the matter, we ask for them to be delivered without it, then we affix them just before delivery. You can expect to get yours lifted at least once."

How stupid is that? Back in my younger days, we never stole badges off cars. We did many stupid things, but badge-stealing wasn't among them. I mean, the things we did were REALLY stupid, not inane like today's kids.

Kids today are 'tards. It's sad.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I ordered my IS300 with wheel locks just in case.

They came pre-installed on the car...

I wonder why Acura wouldn't install your wheel-locks for you?!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If they want to steal the wheels the wheel locks won't help... a friend of mine in a shope demonstrated me a special tool the have to rip the "nuts" out... works very well...

------------------
Nice but overpriced...

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because Acura *tries* to charge extra for them, and I suspect that if they preinstalled them, customers would yell and scream about installing a cost option that they didn't ask for without consent. Then again, my Acura dealer just gave them to me free, so maybe it's time to just preinstall them and forego the stupid $30 bucks or whatever they get for those as a seperate purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
geoff
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing