Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get my tints redone with llumar. i have sunguard on right now and i realy do not like the look of them. they have a bluish/greenish hue to them. anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has takin off there rear window with the defroster lines. i know in older cars the lines are very very delicate but these IS lines seem to be heavier then most. can anyone recomend on the CT, NY area and good trustable shop to do this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
tint

i have had it done

most detail/ tint shops can do it

they basically use something like a steam machiene that loosens the glue just whatever you do don't just pull it or don't use a razor

call around and see if they use this method because it seems to be the best way

hope this helps

l8r jason

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have had to take my tints off before (old car - damn cops) i used a steamer and have pulled one window off on this car with a steamer. what a great way over the saopy water and razor. you had no probles it came off clean. its also good that they have only been on for about 6 months

·
8,743 Posts
use a non amonia cleaner and it wont get blue.....

and do you have more than one layer on the window? I think its just called tint if not!

1 = singular/ tint

2 or more = plural/ tints :shame:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TahoeSSDVD said:
use a non amonia cleaner and it wont get blue.....

and do you have more than one layer on the window? I think its just called tint if not!

1 = singular/ tint

2 or more = plural/ tints :shame:

its not what im useing to clean it with, anyways if i had used amonia on black tints the tint would turn purple. i guess this type of sunguard is known to have this hue to it.
well actully yes i do have tints, most back windows are done with two sheets :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.