Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Lexus today and they have told me to come in for delivery Saturday even though they said the car is already in. I think they are only doing this because the sales person I was dealing with is on vacation. This sales person was horrible and I really just want my car and to be done with this. This is my first new car and the experience has been horrible. I am prepared to go and buy it today, I have everything I need. My question is does anyone know if anything special needs to be done to the vehicles before they leave the lot? This was a special order and took 4 1/2 months for me to get! I kinda don't want to wait 2 more days knowing its already there. Would there be any problem calling them and asking for delivery today or tomorrow? I also really don't want people test driving my car and since it's fully loaded(with nav) I am fearful the dealership wants to show it off to potential buyers. Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

·
8,880 Posts
They need to prep it.
It normally takes a couple days.
In my case, I made the deal on trading in 2001 IS for 2003 one on a Saturday and came back on Thursday to pick it up. I still had to wait, even though the car was on the lot.

Well, they forgot I was coming by on Thursday and got everything done in 2 hours, which included instalation of the special-ordered Dark Pearl emblems, plus a complementary dinner while waiting. :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Go over the car with a fine comb. Look for scratches, dents, knicks, chipped paints (especially on the hood) and check the condition of the wheels and tires for the exterior.

Interior make sure there are no scratches, blemishes. Trying to prove to the dealer that any of these items happened before you got the car is impossible cuz they supposedly do a walkthru with you before handing the keys over (and they make you sign a waiver that the salesperson went thru everything with you). Take your time it's a new car and you want to make sure you get what you paid for.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It shouldn't take that long to prep the car. It didn't for my s2k. Here's my happy GREAT and very unexpected experiance with Honda, I got a call on Sat. morning from my friend who works at the dealership (also my salesman) that he just saw the truck pulling up and saw my S2000 on there. I showered, put on a t-shirt and some shorts and drove down to the dealership at like 10am (only 5 mins from my house) The took all the junk off it and removed the spring spacer and such used for shipping, then did the predelivery inspection to make sure everythign worked and nothing was damaged, detailed it for me (all done by an old friend of mine from high school), then took me out to the car and made a very sad attempt to show me where all the features and compartments were (the lady that did it actually had very little idea about most of it and I'd open stuff as she said it since I knew where everything was) then the head fleet/internet sales manager (another friend of mine) took the car to get gas which wasn't even a 1/4 mile away and I could see him most of the way. While he was getting gas they took me around and introduced me to the service guys, gave me my own service writer so I wouldn't have to deal with anyone else for service (really nice guy even gave me his cell number in case I have any problems on weekends while he's not there), and showed me the back of their service dept. Got my car back and was out of the dealership by 1:30ish. I was pretty happy with my experiance. I pretty much eyed the car from right after they took it off the truck and they treated me very well (something I really didn't expect from a Honda dealership espically after many stories I've heard) Since I basically got to watch the car after it had been taken off the truck and only had my friends take care of it, I know it wasn't abused by any of the techs at the dealership or test driven and beat on before I got it and broke it in properly

I hope my buying experiance with Lexus will be just as good. I only know one person there who is one of the heads in their service dept, who is my parents service writer for their ES300.

Karim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys. I called the dealership and they are trying to arrange delivery tonight. If not tonight then definately tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts