Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for new Headers w/ Cats because my car is at 160K, and ive come across these ebay headers with cats already integrated into them. How long would they last realistically? Not as expensive as MagnaFlow, has both cats to avoid the CEL, what do you guys think? worth the buy?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Im no expert on headers but they look pretty ugly to me, crush bends and poor design.

They will probably flow exhaust gases though not sure what the cats are like for actual smog readings, but looking at the flow path for the front of each bank compared to the rear on each i would expect power loss as opposed to any hopeful gains

·
4,796 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 😎
129 Posts
Ive been looking for new Headers w/ Cats because my car is at 160K, and ive come across these ebay headers with cats already integrated into them. How long would they last realistically? Not as expensive as MagnaFlow, has both cats to avoid the CEL, what do you guys think? worth the buy?

Well, you could go with a catless header and those 990 degree o2 spacers with minicats.

That's what I did, and I haven't had a single CEL in approximately 248 miles of continuous driving, pulls, and a lot of revving out in 2nd and decelerating to spit flames lol 😅

Make sure to put one on the y-pipe, and another on the header (both Bank 1 sensor 2 and Bank 2 sensor 2)

Here's the link: Oxygen O2 Sensor Spacer Adapters CEL Eliminator (Mini Cat) W/Catalytic Converter | eBay

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
196 Posts
Well, you could go with a catless header and those 990 degree o2 spacers with minicats.

That's what I did, and I haven't had a single CEL in approximately 248 miles of continuous driving, pulls, and a lot of revving out in 2nd and decelerating to spit flames lol 😅

Make sure to put one on the y-pipe, and another on the header (both Bank 1 sensor 2 and Bank 2 sensor 2)

Here's the link: Oxygen O2 Sensor Spacer Adapters CEL Eliminator (Mini Cat) W/Catalytic Converter

Every n/a is300 I see with catless headers sounds raspy.

·
Registered
455 Posts

Those look AWFUL for optimal flow performance, like the solar said, the magnaflow ones are the better buy for not much more

·
Registered
2004 IS300 Manual Swapped
67 Posts
I'll chime in with the others that the design and build quality on those look pretty awful, solar's recommendation of the pacesetter headers is probably good. Last I checked the Magnaflow is over $1k though, so quite a step up price wise from the stuff here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here's the link: Oxygen O2 Sensor Spacer Adapters CEL Eliminator (Mini Cat) W/Catalytic Converter | eBay
Lmao I have never seen these things what? I’ve only been looking at headers cause my CEL is on and Inspection is coming up, if this works? Mannnnnnnnn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And also thank you all for your responses, I’ve been searching and reading around, but haven’t seen anyone speak on those, appreciate any input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts