Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days after my car came back from the shop the "tail light out" warning light came on, but all the lights worked.. someone said to just replace the lights anyway, and I did, but the light is still on.. is there any way to just reset this light, or is there a way to find the problem?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Get someone to stand behind your car to check your tail lights, while you turn it on and step on the brakes.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
you got the correct dual filament bulbs right?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update...

ok girlfriend got pulled over yesterday saying the passenger brake light was flickering, and I played with it when she got home and we couldn't get it to flicker... what can I do now? piggy back the wires from the other tail light i suppose, but I dont want to do that.. maybe replace the fuse? hmmm

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
maybe just reset the ECU...unplug the battery, yada yada yada
We need to stop suggesting that as a solution for things so easily. That just masks problems... it doesn't solve them.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
piggy back the wires from the other tail light i suppose, but I dont want to do that.. maybe replace the fuse? hmmm
i would... not do that either. replace the bulb again, check the fuse, and then come back

·
Registered
753 Posts
ok girlfriend got pulled over yesterday saying the passenger brake light was flickering, and I played with it when she got home and we couldn't get it to flicker... what can I do now? piggy back the wires from the other tail light i suppose, but I dont want to do that.. maybe replace the fuse? hmmm
I would try the fuse, cheap an easy

I would not mess with the wiring, maybe check connections though...

·
Banned
371 Posts
make sure your connections are all tight and make sure you take out the bulb, and look inside the vehicle connection portion. Sometimes there is a layer of corrosion, rust, dirt, etc.. that can build up, and it makes for a bad connection. Dont reset your ecu, and no need to replace a fuse if its working. If they are new bulbs, you have a loose connection somewhere guaranteed, or a non connection.
GL

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have one on my rear window? lol

ok, it was my inner circle light thing? (between the taillights),

today it just decided to go, replaced, and all good! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts