Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I tried the search functions to find info about the different red lenses for the IS and could not find the thread. Can someone please post pixs of the different tail lenses for the IS. Thanks, I appreciated it alot.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I dont think they make different ones like you are talking about. I know that make chromed smoked ones and flat blacks ones but I think that is all.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
There are also flat white, but just as rare if not harder to get than the flat black. Oh, yeah, the inner smoked trunk lights are nice also. They don't change color like the cheap clear lenses do. Ofcourse more $$.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
For all of those who didn't know...Besides the common regular chrome and BLK chrome, and the hard to get flat black....
They do make the RED lenses... Here is a picture of the RED lenses available on the Altezza.... Most likely can be ordered directly from Japan or Europe...
But they are available.... and most likely expensive too, not a common part in US, yet!!!

Joe Z :chill:

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Ah...., you have found the JP-Modellista dealer showroom. Very nice..... They (JP) have all the goodies..... :( . Need to take a little road trip to JP.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot!!! Now the problem is trying to find a pair to buy. hmm.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The pictures Joe Z posted are the Modellista taillight, they are actually aftermarket parts from Toyota in Japan. Not sure about exact pricing, but I know they are damn expensive =)

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
anyone know how to pop the tail lights open though? :-?

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
IS300eR said:
anyone know how to pop the tail lights open though? :-?
I have done it but it took lots of practice and patience :pissed:
Oven just warps them, heat gun won't melt the epoxy, you need to get a good SHARP heat knife and a VERY steady hand.
Austin, I know I still owe you a set in JDM black:wink:
-Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
LCA575
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing