Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.What is with the retailers on My.is not selling the LED taillights? Do they have all the required load resistors so that the check lights doesn't turn on? Is the best option painted factory lights? I kinda hate the Chrome on my lights and plus everyone else has the Chrome IS300 tails.

2.To paint the sidemarkers do I simply buy the tint spray, spray on and I'm done? I have the clear sidemakers for the front and rear bumper. Do I need to buy some clear coat on top of the tint spray? If I just tint the outside of the sidemarker will that look fine? Or is there any reason you need to tint the inside of the sidemarker also?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
not sure what your looking for. you can talk to inspar8r. he does some sweet led taillights. i think theres some other people who do them as well but he makes the ones i want.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I would only prefer to chat with inspar8r or Mike(aka fiveohfour) from AAC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what does that mean? If you are from WA any chance you could help me paint my headlights and taillights? Also do I need to wait 48 hours to dry or is there a way to dry it faster?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know everyone says this but you should search the forum. I know for sure there is a ton of info about painting head and tail lights. I recently painted my head, fogs and tails, using info i found on this site... look for the thread i posted about my experience with tail painting...

I used the spray tint on my side markers and didn't use a clear coat. Just allow ample time to dry and you'll be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts