Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can find smoked tail light covers for my 07 IS? i bought the vinyl overlays from ebay but my man (whose name i am currently hijacking) haha.. and my tint guy said he can't install them... any suggestions?? please and thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your posting...
I tried to get one from ebay also...and now seems to search somewhere else though...

·
Registered
156 Posts
have them painted with the tinting spray. A lot of body shops do this now. I know of several online thata do this.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Check out your closest "pimp my ride" shop and they should be able to take care of you. I have a couple of friends who have had that done. Everything was done professionally and looked very clean when done. Happy hunting for the right person to take care of your ride!

·
Registered
70 Posts
you can get some smoked overlays at aerotect...

AeroTect

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just go to a paint shop. shouldn't cost more than $100 (unless you have them remove the tails, then it may be more) they just spray a mix of black/clear over them and viola.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Yea, this is one of the harder lights to do. The film likes to peel unless you do it in 2 pieces, but when you do that, it looks a little hokie. My suggestion is to get them painted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can get the vinyl and install it. You will have to find a person who knows what their doing. Whoever your "Professional installer is" well he wasnt good enough if he couldnt do this. You just need to know how to work the vinyl and stretch it to the contour of the taillight. I did it to my IS 350 about 3 months ago. The installation job was to perfection. It looks HOT. Where are you from? I can probably install it for you if your near my area. The vinyl works alot better imo and can be taken off easier than spray tint.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am from ohio. why are you from around here?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just go to a paint shop. shouldn't cost more than $100 (unless you have them remove the tails, then it may be more) they just spray a mix of black/clear over them and viola.
lolll.. its voila, viola is an oversized violin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
iv'e had my vinyl for about 3 months. If you go that route you got to have someone that knows what they are doing or else you will tear the film if you heat it too much. it takes a lot of time and patience to install but comes out great i will post pics ltr on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts