Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my cousin are building a non trailerqueen show car, and first will come the system.

Alpine IVA-D900
Alpine TME-M760 in headrests
3x JL Audio 1000/1
2x JL Audio 300/4
3x JL Audio 12w7
2sets Infinity kapa 60.5c Component speakers
2sets Kicker Resolution RC6 Midranges
11x Streetwires Capacitors
2x MechMan 225Amp Alternators dedicated to System
2x Optima Yellow Top Batteries dedicated to system
Custom Glassed Trunk w/ a Spare over a Sub in the floor (IS300AllShow Style)
All Streetwires Wiring

Can anyone reccomend some different midranges? Any Suggestiong on changes anywhere else? How much Dynamat will we need?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
me and my cousin are building a non trailerqueen show car, and first will come the system.

Alpine IVA-D900
3x JL Audio 1000/1
2x JL Audio 300/4
3x JL Audio 12w7
Custom Glassed Trunk w/ a Spare over a Sub in the floor (IS300AllShow Style)
All Streetwires Wiring

Can anyone reccomend some different midranges? Any Suggestiong on changes anywhere else? How much Dynamat will we need?

- hmmm... :eek: good luck on that one, I want to see pics after you guys are done...

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
hmmm

how about two sets of infinity kappa perfects, or some alpine flagship 3 ways to match the headunit. your already going all out on amps and subs, so dont go cheap on the front speakers.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
anyone know how much the Spread Spectrum Alarm/Starter Compustars Run?
I believe you can get them at a shop, installed for 6-700

A lot cheaper on ebay...but its not worth the non-warranty and install hassle

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, if you are going all out on the subs and amps and even the amps for your speakers (2 300/4) get either the QSD 216 MB Quarts or Bostons Z6's. Put some of that money into the speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
another option for speakers would be diamond hex. lisnup knows about that and the compustar 2wss alarm, he has a great price with warranty. i believe hes a dealer for both companies, diamond & compustar.

·
1,717 Posts
CharlieD06 said:

Alpine IVA-D900
3x JL Audio 1000/1
2x JL Audio 300/4
3x JL Audio 12w7
Custom Glassed Trunk w/ a Spare over a Sub in the floor (IS300AllShow Style)All Streetwires Wiring

just to let you know ahead of time I don't think you know how hard that really was and we were only able to do it with some sever metal cutting to get the spare out when you need it and just made the volume for the box. luckly the 10" momo sub does not require a lot of space it may be easier to do if you have a 17" rim but to use the 18" rim and full size tire it was a pain. if you have any questions feel free to pm me or if you get hung up anywhere and I don't think you will have the room for 2 yellow tops in the trunk :-? it was hard to get one in with the 3 subs and 3 amps but have fun building it I did and can't wait to see pics.

and I used 9 Sheets of Cascade VB-2hd in the car and leaded lined the floor if you can try and port the rear deck helped a ton try and use the ski pass to :wink:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IS300AllShow said:
CharlieD06 said:

Alpine IVA-D900
3x JL Audio 1000/1
2x JL Audio 300/4
3x JL Audio 12w7
Custom Glassed Trunk w/ a Spare over a Sub in the floor (IS300AllShow Style)All Streetwires Wiring

just to let you know ahead of time I don't think you know how hard that really was and we were only able to do it with some sever metal cutting to get the spare out when you need it and just made the volume for the box. luckly the 10" momo sub does not require a lot of space it may be easier to do if you have a 17" rim but to use the 18" rim and full size tire it was a pain. if you have any questions feel free to pm me or if you get hung up anywhere and I don't think you will have the room for 2 yellow tops in the trunk :-? it was hard to get one in with the 3 subs and 3 amps but have fun building it I did and can't wait to see pics.

and I used 9 Sheets of Cascade VB-2hd in the car and leaded lined the floor if you can try and port the rear deck helped a ton try and use the ski pass to :wink:

yea, to save some money on the rim and tire, weve ditched the spare over sub idea. we came up with an idea to build a glass-over-MDF box to hold 2 of the subs to make the trunk smaller, then make a glass-over-MDF box for the other sub showing off its basket(upsidedown) where the spare goes so it fires towards the front of the spare( it will be angled ad an appro 60 degree angle from horizontal) I hope to get this done in the next few weeks b/c i have other things i need to do.

weve ditched the Kapas for some Diamond Audio HEX S600s's in the stock fornt area and in the stock rear area. were still looking for some midranges to put into the front kick pods and in new holes in the rear deck tho. any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I would give up some of the money on the subs and get some Dynaudio components. That is an quite a bit of money to spend and end up with Infinity Kappas and Kicker midranges handling the meat of your music. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CRB said:
I would give up some of the money on the subs and get some Dynaudio components. That is an quite a bit of money to spend and end up with Infinity Kappas and Kicker midranges handling the meat of your music. Just my opinion.
I wished people would read subsequent posts to the first before replying. In one of my other posts, it says in going for Dymond HEX components but still looking for some mids.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
CRB said:
I wished people would read subsequent posts to the first before replying. In one of my other posts, it says in going for Dymond HEX components but still looking for some mids.
OK, your point is that Dymond HEX is somehow going to bridge the performance gap between Infinity/Kicker and Dynaudio?

I don't think so. Sure, Dynaudio components, especially the three-ways, can be a bitch to install BUT they are worth the hassle sound-wise over the drop in alternatives.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does anyone have anything against the Alpine Navigation?

and were still looking for some midranges to go with the Diamond HEX's

·
1,717 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
and weve found someone who will make a CF box instead of Fiberglass. I dont think anyone has done that before.
I think there is one or two out there that have done it just make sure the support in the box is good and you don't get any flex. pm me if you have any questions.

Henry :chill:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, today we picked up the following.

IVA-D900
Alpine Navi
2x TME-M760 Monitors
3x 1000/1
2x 300/4
3x 12w7
4sets Diamond HEX S600s
11x Streetwires Caps
2x Optima Yello Tops
Compustar 2WSS-AS

all for 13k, which i think is a good deal.

once we find a JDM Dash kit, the installation starts, and please do not ask for pics, as the owner does not want to reveal the car until it is completely finished which it will be revealed at a show.

·
Registered
10 Posts
a good rule of thumb for Sound deadening a car (not at truck), is to take the total out side measurements 15 x 6 or whatever and thats the amount of sq foot you should use to get a good solid layer over the entire car.

I have over 300 sq feet of Second Skin in a little 96 nissan, but I tend to over kill things since I won the company.

I have the following system in it

svr-m80
magic 3 upgrade
clarion hxd10
adire brahma 15
3.2^3 tuned to 33 htz
adire koda 6.1
Adire Revolution
Soundstreme rubi 502
Kun Konceptz everything

thank god for the sound damping

100-150 is a good amount for an IS300

Feel free to email me if you have any sound deadening questions

ANT
[email protected]

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How long Patch Cables will I need?

and how long 0/2 (is 0/2 overkill?) gauge cabling will i need to go from the alternator to the battery in the trunk? (2x 235 amp alternators to 2x Optimas)(1 Alternator+Battery for 2x 1000/1s and 1 Alternator+Battery for 2x 300/4 and 1000/s)
Caps: 3x each for the 1000/1
1 each for the 300/4
11 total.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, we were going to take the car to the installer next week, but the installer weve been working w/ all along quit :pissed: . And now everyone we go to, including Lexus of Manchester, NH, says you would be considered GOD if you can fit 2 alternators in the IS engine bay, never mind 3 :pissed: . And after some thinking, we dont want this system, so we have like 6k in extra parts(already have takers). We will be running:
Alpine IVA-D900
2x Alpine Headrest Monitors
1x JL 1000/1
1x 13w7
2x 300/4
4 sets Diamond Audio HEX S600s
5x Caps
1 dedicated battery in trunk
Replace out OEM alternator w/ MechMan 235amp alt.

So the extra stuff we bought b/c a dumbass installer wanted more commission:
2x 1000/1
3x 12w7
6 Streetwires Caps
1 Alternator
1 Battery
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Now, weve given up on the JDM Dash kit, so the installer will make a custom fiberglass one. The Dash will be painted GGP (similarly to others but different colors).

We think the One sub will make 'Glassing a LOT easier also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts