Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I inquired about using synthetics as a replacement for the Toyota T-IV, and Amsoil recommended against it as they did not finished their testing.

I checked their website and found they now include the T-IV as a replacement. I sent an email to their Tech dept and got this reply:

"Reformulation of our AMSOIL Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) was not required to meet either the Honda Z-1 spec or the Toyota Type T and T-IV. Whenever a manufacturer uses a special proprietary transmission fluid for certain transmissions, duplicating it requires not only analyzing the chemistry, but extensive research concerning service issues and failure rates. The research on these products was very time consuming, but at last all the hurdles have been cleared and the authorization has been given. Our commitment to quality and safety was worth the wait.

Thank you,

Jim Van

AMSOIL Technical Services"

I am going to give it a try.

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
plau2572 said:
In the past I inquired about using synthetics as a replacement for the Toyota T-IV, and Amsoil recommended against it as they did not finished their testing.

I checked their website and found they now include the T-IV as a replacement. I sent an email to their Tech dept and got this reply:

"Reformulation of our AMSOIL Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) was not required to meet either the Honda Z-1 spec or the Toyota Type T and T-IV. Whenever a manufacturer uses a special proprietary transmission fluid for certain transmissions, duplicating it requires not only analyzing the chemistry, but extensive research concerning service issues and failure rates. The research on these products was very time consuming, but at last all the hurdles have been cleared and the authorization has been given. Our commitment to quality and safety was worth the wait.

Thank you,

Jim Van

AMSOIL Technical Services"

I am going to give it a try.
Lemmie know how it works

1 - 2 of 2 Posts