switch for halos

944 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  jojor512 
#1 ·
im trying to wire up my halos to a switch. i got a relay and wired it

86- parking lights+
87- battery 12+
85- switch
30- halo+

so i turn on my parking lights and flip the rocker switch and it only turns one light halos off. i thought everything was one circuit? i wired the relay to the light on the drivers side, if that makes a difference.

can anyone help please thanks

#2 ·
Headlights are one circuit at the switch, but two circuits at the light. This is so if you short out one headlight you still have another. And also FYI the conventional way to wire a relay is for 30 to be power in and 87 to be power out. You have 87 as power in and 30 as power out. Also if you want your wiring to be less messy, you can take you 86 power and just split another wire and run that to 30. I prefer this way because it makes for alot less wires.

BUN

#6 ·
alright, here you go, this is how I wired it up (if memory serves me correct):

the benefit of using a +12V source like the cigarette lighter/ignition is that it will turn on when the car is on. your halos will remain independent of your parking lights completely. your halo switch will control your halos and your parking light switch will control your parking lights.

definitely fuse the connection between the battery and the relay. the fuse between the other +12V source might be redundant, but it certainly can't hurt either. the brown wires go to ground.

you could also put the switch on 86 (ground) and have 85 and 87 be a +12V source. 30 would be the output to the halos I believe. my switch has an LED in it so thats why I didn't do it this way, but either way should work I think. just be careful where you route and place the +12 volt ignition wire, don't want it to strip and short. you obviously don't run as much risk if you do the 'ground switch' method.

its been awhile since I wired it, so if anyone notices anything wrong please chime in.

#9 ·
he said you can tap the + off the cig lighter, if you want them to run off the parking lights you can tap them into the parking lights. just depends how you want it setup. :approve:

not sure of the color off hand, but it's the wire that goes to the center connection, the outer ring of the cig lighter is grounded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.