Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think would give you the best performance gain. If you took two completly stock IS's, put a set of race sway's on one, and a set of front&rear strut bars on the other, which one would handle better?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The car with the sways would handle 10x better. Go with the sways!! The strut bars will maximize the performance of the sways, but will never compare to the performance of the sways.

·
Registered
831 Posts
strut bars aren't super expensive I say get both :) :p :chill:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
flproject13 said:
good answer. I got a strut bar first and the handling was noticeably enhanced, but after I installed the sways...now this is how it should have come from the factory.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
struts improve rigidity of the chassis. you wont feel much.
sways works the suspension to perform better. huge improvement.

get the sways :wink:

·
Registered
831 Posts
DHCrocks said:
flproject13 said:
good answer. I got a strut bar first and the handling was noticeably enhanced, but after I installed the sways...now this is how it should have come from the factory.
I am ordering TRD sways very soon I can't wait :D

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
take a look at Hotchkis, I got these instead of the TRD and am pleased. I didn't run the TRD so I can't say which one is better but the Hotchkis is made well and has some features the TRD doesn't have like greasable fittings and front and rear adjustments and it's a bit stiffer too from the specs. I'm glad the TRD's took so long to get in, cause in the mean time the Hotchkis came out and the best part it's cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts