Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search, but I only found some really old stuff, just wondering if it still applies.

Basically I just got my IS 2 weeks ago. I have no plans of lowering my car, bad experiences from before.

Anyways, I can't really find a bad thing about installing just sways. What ways would this be bad?

I was thinking TRD sways. This and a strut brace will probably be the only suspension tunning I will do.

Peace,
Alex VAzquez

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
jic cf stb and trd yellow sways were my 1st suspension mods
and it was great... no probs
enjoyed it very much on the twisties

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I would go with the Hotchkis Sways...IMO quite a bit better than the TRD Yellow Race Sways.

1. Hotchkis are adjustable, and
2. Hotchkis have grease nipples, much easier to do than TRD ones when you want to regrease them.

also...Hotchkis are a bit cheaper.

shoot dave, is300soon, a PM and tell him I sent u. he'll give u the best price around.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
that's the exact setup I have. JIC front strut bar and Hotchkis sways. No regrets, the improvement in handing is well worth it. Ride is a little bit more harsh due to the sways, but I got used it it in short order. If you want a completely stock ride with a little more control and composure in the corners just get the strut bar, there are no side effects to it, just better handing in the turns.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I think I will be shopping around for the hotchiks (spelling?), just becuase they are adjustable, and lower in price to boot.

Peace,
Alex Vazquez

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The grease fittings on the hotchkis are a good idea, but remember you're supposed to use non petroleum based grease on the bushings. Who has a grease gun filled with non petrolium grease? :-? I definitely would not use that feature to determine whether i get one or the other.

BTW I have TRD sways and they are great. I would recommend them highly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts