Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, before you go off about me being on drugs, I know that sways should not affect the vehicles ride height. However, I did the TRD Race sway install after the L-tuned springs and I SWEAR the ride height increased. It's consistent all the way around and not just on any specific corner. I thought it was just me so I didn't really let it bother me too much. Today, I compared my vehicle to another L-tuned (springs and sways) vehicle and it was about 1/4" lower than my car. I distinctly remember the ride height originally being much closer to the comparison vehicle before I did the sway install. I'm somewhat at a loss since I don't understand what may have caused the increase in ride height.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
After you jack up the car and the suspension just hangs and gets all uncompressed it will be a little higher when you first drop it back on the ground. Take it for a spin and then look again it should go back to normal in a short while.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i'm assuming you installed your sways with your springs uncompressed. if so, try loosening up the sway bar end bolts with all 4 wheels on the ground (springs compressed). if there's pressure on the sway connector points that could be the reason.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It has been at least a 4-6 weeks since I installed the sways and the ride height hasn't returned to normal. When I did the sway install, we jacked the front up such that the springs were fully uncompressed. The rears were done without fully jacking it up off the ground (wheels were still contacting the ground). There haven't been any drivability issues and I had the car at the track yesterday without any problems. I'm still just confused at the change in ride height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts