Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

Got my Lsportline Springs install a month back, really comfortable. Ride Quality same as stock...but its abit too soft for this car...so I m planning to get some Sways...I heard Struct bars aint that great in terms os stiffer turns...If I get a Strcut, It will be Area51 $300...not bad for its quality, too bad it dosent fit with the engine cover on it...oh well...so let me know which sway bar is good sice i got my springs...L-Tuned? Eibach? TRD? Area51 (If they still sell it) ...or wait for PLP? let me knwo guys thansk alot...

Matt

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Is PLP coming out with sways? I thought that they were making chassis braces, like the underbody ones from tom's and trd. :-? Anyways, I would get the hotchkis since they are adjustable and all of the opinions of them so far were good. And they are cheap!

BTW, strut bars will help the "feel" of your car. You will get to know the limits of it a lot more and begin to drive with the traction off becuase you can control it a lot more. Well, that's my opinion at least. I had the area 51 and I just got the plp front one. The area 51 front strut bar made my car have a bit more oversteer which gave me a little more confidence into turns. I do drive my car very spirited on surface streets and I noticed a lot stiffer feel in my car with it on. It might not give your car a perfectly nuetral feel, but it helps for normal driving, not necessarily on the track though.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
frylai said:
DegoIS said:
BTW, if you want to buy my area 51 front strut bar I will give you a very good deal, since I f-ed up on the last one. I still feel bad about that :oops:

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354943
OK, I will think about it....is the PLP alot better than the A51?

Matt
The PLP front sturt bar isn't as strong as the area 51. It defintely was a little tighter up front with my area 51 strut bar on. I just wanted the new one, for cosmetic reasons and I wanted to be able to keep my engine cover on without the stb rubbing it. I left my engine cover on even though it rubbed. I don't think you should, but you can't see the damage with the strut bar still on. PM me if you want to get it. Hopefully we can work something out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts