Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
should be no problem....
in fact, my 1st susp mod was a strut tower bar, followed by trd yellow sways... ended up doing in this order becuz of good deals

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I don't know about being "wise", but I have sways on my car, which is the only suspension mod on my car. It's like night and day. I love it. I don't plan to be upgrading anything else, just until the time comes when the stock suspension goes bad, but that'll be well after 100K mi.

What negatives will there be with the sways w/o lowering?

-crontab -l

·
Registered
180 Posts
As discussed in previous postings, the additional of a anti-sway bar will literally transform the handling of the car for the better. My car is not lowered, just sway bars (L-tuned) and I don't ever regret purchasing them. I could've easily gotten the TRD Yellows, but decided that it is a little too aggressive for my needs. In stock form, the IS is a very good handling car. To each his own I guess.

Keep in mind though that a sway bar will not eliminate body roll completely. The addition of stiffer springs/better damping will help that cause. It all depends though on what you plan to do with the car (i.e. autox, track, etc.). If you do go the autoxing/tracking route, learn the car first. Suspension mods will mask bad driving habits. my 2 cents. That is all.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
eibach = Ltuned same sways...

TRD, reds or yellows

dont kno much about the reds but i assume they are pretty close to the Eibach's & Ltuned...

FWIW

Area 51 = Trd yellows or at least REALLY close that only track testing will show the differences.......

the yellows are more agressive & stiff if you like to rail the turns go stiffer if you jjust want a little more response & control... go withthe others...

Hotchkis adjustables F&R....MMMM after 3 diff sets o sways in the last 10 mo on my car these r my favorites & they ROCK for sure.. pretty agressive tho! soft setting is slightly stiffer than A51 & TRD yellow(possibly) Stiff setting is..... stiffer yet. :eek: :p :p

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Call Steve Ganz @ Carson TOyota.... special price/GB from the Carson meet is still on i think,... $300 bux.

tell him EdGy sent ya!! :wink:

he'll prolly charge you double.........jk..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey what's going on I have a stock is300 and I wanted to put some bottom front and back sway bars , but I hear that it makes noise from stock set.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm probobly ending up getting a Stage 1 PFS or Stage II SRT so I can save money to get a suspension upgrade/brake upgrade. I am definatly getting TRD sways before winter time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sway bars are a great first mod. i have a lot of touge friends that run with stock susp and sway bars. susp isn't a big thing.. the IS susp is good as it is.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
yeah just do it. trust me you won't regret it and will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. But instead of the TRD I would recommend the Hotchkis. It's cheaper, stiffer, has greaseable fittings and best of all available. What more could you ask for.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
as much as i love the TRD stuff & like the idea of running as much of it as possible ..............

i would have to go with the Hotchkis they feel great & why spend an extra hundred bux if you dont really need to???

these are under the car unseen, thus have no real pimp factor to impress yer buddies & the street ho's with so i'd go hotchkis all the way.... plus STEVE 'GONZO' AT CARSON IS TOTALLY COOL & I LIKE TO SUPPORT A COOL SHOP THAT CATERS TO OUR INTERESTS LIKE THEY DO.

fokin' capslok :pissed:

if ya wanna be unique & get something no one else has or is really rare.. .try the Daizen sways or the vaunted mythological HKS sways....

edgy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts