Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased your front/rear sway end links and they look great! however I'm having trouble with the install. Any tips/tricks to removing the original ones? trying to take them out with the sway bar since i'm replacing them at the same time. but the bottom bolt won't come out. It spins a little with each turn but doesn't seem to move.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
935 Posts
Make sure you are using an Allen key in the middle of the bolt head to hold the bolt while you crank the bolt off. Otherwise it will spin all day.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Allen key has never worked for me with end links that have been on the car for a while, especially in New England. I usually grab a pair of vise grips and clamp down on the bolt. Then I grab my trusty impact wrench and zip that suckered off. Works every time. You may even want to use some real penetrating oil, like PB Blaster (WD-40 does not count, fyi).

And if those two things don't work, which it should no problem, you can use some heat. Good luck.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I like to cut stuff off, use an angle grinder.(favorite tool for working on rusty stuff) Just remember to use proper eye protection. Cut the nut in half, or cut the head of the bolt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After some patience and finding free time I finally have finished my install of the figs endlinks with Hotchkis sways and it rides great! Thanks again for the help and great product Fig!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I unfortunately have another problem related to the end links now.. Somehow I've lost the bolts/nuts at the top of the end link where it connects to the sway bar. Either they were under torqued or over torqued causing it to pop and then come loose.
Either way, now my drivers side sway/end link are disconnected and i don't have the guts to connect them.

Fig - any chance you have spare nuts/bolts for that connection?

Or does anyone else perhaps? I'm in the Northern VA area...

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts