Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an is300 2001 2jz ge vvti of coils, automatic and a 1jzgte vvti single turbo, I want to use the same 2jzge transmission and original harness, additionally buy a computer of 1jzgte m / t, could you guide me if possible a piggy back or two connector computers

·
Registered
139 Posts
you cant or should i say you shouldnt used the 2jzge auto on the 1jzgte. the swift points arent designed for that motor and i believe the bell housing is different as well. also, to me knowledge, there arent any aftermarket ecu's that would have the auto shift points either. better to just the 1jzgte auto trans with the 1jzgte motor. in terms of wire harness, you could use the US spec harness with the excessive ecu.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Google "2jz 1jz difference", this has been covered a lot. A lot of people just turbo the 2jz that is in there already, if you start changing too much the electronics will become a nightmare. Use the search function and there is a lot of information on this site from people who have done it. Be very careful of asking for free advice on the internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts