Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am swapping my engine and gearbox from 1.5jz swapped mk3 supra to my is300. Thanks to this forum i have most of the know how and part needed.

were are going from this
IMAG0240.jpg

to here
IMAG0268.jpg

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
1.5JZ to be exact :) monster setup. good to see theres another fan :bigSmile:
what makes it 1.5? it's a 1JZ which is a 2.5L engine, correct? the title has really been screwing with me, please educate me! =)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its called a 1.5 jz cause it has a 1jz head with a 2jz bottom end. Its not a full 2jz its a mix of both , hence the name 1.5. This setup is used for various reasons, 1 beign its cheap to build, 2- some say the 1j head flows better than the 2j head, 3 the na 2jz(non vvti) has the same internals as the gte block except oil squirters.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Its called a 1.5 jz cause it has a 1jz head with a 2jz bottom end. Its not a full 2jz its a mix of both , hence the name 1.5. This setup is used for various reasons, 1 beign its cheap to build, 2- some say the 1j head flows better than the 2j head, 3 the na 2jz(non vvti) has the same internals as the gte block except oil squirters.
so it's still a 3.0L then? or does the head affect that at all?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Before you go any further.

Clean up the bay, Relocate the battery and relocate your ABS to where your battery is.

Might have to move your ECU box a bit over for the intake.

Other than that. Solid progress.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before you go any further.

Clean up the bay, Relocate the battery and relocate your ABS to where your battery is.

Might have to move your ECU box a bit over for the intake.

Other than that. Solid progress.
thanks, i got the bay cleaned up and reolacted the abs and used steel braided lines. I will post up some fresh pics tomorrow or so, it been pooring rain here for the last 4 days and slowing down my progress :-(

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
thanks, i got the bay cleaned up and reolacted the abs and used steel braided lines. I will post up some fresh pics tomorrow or so, it been pooring rain here for the last 4 days and slowing down my progress :-(
atta boy. Cant wait to yank my motor and do my ABS as well. Where did you get your SS lines from?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
atta boy. Cant wait to yank my motor and do my ABS as well. Where did you get your SS lines from?
cheapest way is to find your local hydraulic hose supplier and have them make them to the exact length you need, would be way cheaper than pre-made/kit braided lines...

parker, pirtek, gates, eaton all make good hoses, look up a local distributor/service house and have them fab you up what you need...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheapest way is to find your local hydraulic hose supplier and have them make them to the exact length you need, would be way cheaper than pre-made/kit braided lines...

parker, pirtek, gates, eaton all make good hoses, look up a local distributor/service house and have them fab you up what you need...
It actually would be more expensive based on my experience. I once went to a hydraulic shop out here that normally do stuff for semi trucks. I was gonna be charged $265 for a oil feed and drain off lines, ever since then I never bothered with them

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts