Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interested in wiring the shift "UP" or shift "DOWN" buttons on an auto steering wheel to n20 on a manual car...

anybody try? can these wires be spliced into easily once they are no longer needed?

any good places to buy a used/or new auto steering wheel?

is the wiring a tangled mees with the airbag wiring (such as do they share a harness)?

anybody with more experiance have any good reasons why this can't/shouldn't be done?

8,852 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing to control an aftermarket stereo setup. 8)
If they share the same harness, then you are in luck since you would only need to tap into wires after they come out from the steering assembly.
The rest I do not know since I have never taken the steering wheel apart.

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but same harness would = a nightmare of bazarre colored wires, no? in america we stick to red and black, by jeez in japan there are wires that are banana yellow with sahara sand colored stripes. and you are supposed to know what it goes to. and if you get the sahara sand striped wire confused with the light dark brown notched banana yellow wire, you are up shit creek.

i wired jdm folding mirrors onto a buddy's p11 g20, so i've seen this stuff up close. looks like tye dye threads falling out of the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.