Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just picked up a new dash myself for like 550 to my door from a Lexus Dealer online. Maybe I should have hit up corporate to try and get a hookup. Oh well.
Looks good. Can you share the model number? And, is it coated, or just plain plastic? In the photo, it looks like it might not be coated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
melting dash

hello - i've been dealing with this issue for some time now... came across this thread as i was re-googling about it. i tried to call the number listed in this thread but was told that there aren't any "open experience" programs for my vehicle at this time. i bought my car from an actual lexus dealer and financed it through lexus financial - didn't make any difference. any other info would be great. thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks good. Can you share the model number? And, is it coated, or just plain plastic? In the photo, it looks like it might not be coated.
the part number I purchased is the same one a few post up in the pic. I'm out of town and haven't actually put eyes on the dash but the wife says it doesn't feel the same as the factory one. Hopefully they revamped the design and did away with the soft touch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish I knew about this before, but I ended up fixing it myself. Found out that Armour All Leather wipes was good at stripping the sticky off (who knew). Then removed the dash and spray painted with flat black paint. Turned out pretty well for the cost of a can of paint and a weekend of labor.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish I knew about this before, but I ended up fixing it myself. Found out that Armour All Leather wipes was good at stripping the sticky off (who knew). Then removed the dash and spray painted with flat black paint. Turned out pretty well for the cost of a can of paint and a weekend of labor.
Looks good, did you paint the whole dash or just the trim part?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts