Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some opinions about something.

If someone is trying to send a letter with a required signature to a residental house in my girlfriends name, a letter that is not expected, that is probably a bad thing right?

It's an Xpresspost letter that requires a signature. I know from my own exprience that they don't always require a signature unless you request it.

She has her own business, another group hates her and has issues with her, she has also had problems with her parents trying to subpoena her before for divorce stuff.

Am I being overly paranoid?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Possibly or just a letter from someone that wants to make sure it's received. Subpoena needs to be delivered in person so I wouldn't worry about that. I wouldn't trip on it. It just a piece of paper. It might be hate mail...LOL that you have to sign for...Don't trip~!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
ASK WHOM THE SENDER IS!

IF IT IS NOT SOMEONE YOU WANT TO ACCEPT IT FROM SIMPLY IGNORE THE POSTAL CARRIER IF YOU CAN!~(OTHERWISE, REFUSE IT!) I had this happen to me and I was forced to tell the postman "I don't want it" They mark it "refused". If they can't get ahold of you, they mark it "undeliverable" ;)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Just say you found some white powdery substance on it and didn't want to accept it, LOL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's simply a registered letter.

It's used in the legal world to assure whomever is supposed to get it, gets it. And can be verified by a signature.

If she is trying to be subpoena'd, that's probably what it pertains to.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha it turned out to be some stupid Insurance paper thing, not sure why they wanted a signature on it though. I guess I was just being too paranoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts