Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! i've been away for a while but now im back with an important question.

I recently had a problem with my sterling.

i had to take an emergency braking and after that my sterling wheel alignment got screwed - the wheel wasnt straight, as if i was turning left while going straight with quite an angle. the strange part was that car was going perfectly straight.

got it fixed the alignment by adjustment but then lexus discovered i have loose triangles in front suspension. at least thats how they call it in france. i assume its arms in english.
how possible is that with only over 25000 miles on the car?
plus they want 800 euros (im in paris) which is over $1200 for a pair of new plus labor.

any advise?

i think i do have a problem coz when i brake to stop the front wheel bounce back a bit after full stop.

can i fix that by tightening the triangles in front suspension or should i definitely change them?

anyone had to do this operation before?

thanks in advance and big hi from rainy paris :)

(im not french, so dont hate me automatically :p )

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i clarified - its the question of left and right arm upper controls.

how probable is that and anyone else who had to change them?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
come on guys! i really need ur help here!

any one has changed arms in their front suspension? and at what milage?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Normally shouldn't wear out that soon, but many different factors play a role on the wear and tear e.g. driving habits, the conditions of the roads. If you can mess-up the suspension when you have emergency-braking sessions, your suspension setup may have a problem to begin with. I've had many emergency braking sessions and the setup is still fine.......

I've never heard of loose upper-arms on BOTH sides with such low mileage. If you hit potholes the joints would not be loose but instead you may bend the wheels or the suspension arms..........Mysterious.

Do you drive your car on very rough pavements often? Maybe that could explain the wear and tear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normally shouldn't wear out that soon, but many different factors play a role on the wear and tear e.g. driving habits, the conditions of the roads. If you can mess-up your suspension when have you emergency-braking sessions, your suspension setup may have a problem to begin with. I've had many emergency braking sessions and the setup is still fine.......

I've never heard of loose upper-arms on BOTH sides with such low mileage. If you hit potholes the joints would not be loose but instead you may bend the wheels or the suspension arms..........Mysterious.

Do you drive your car on very rough pavements often? Maybe that could explain the wear and tear.

thanks for the reply!

i completely agree with what you said. it doesnt seem normal for what is going on with my suspension.

i mainly use my IS for long trips to spain. i drive fast, more than 100 miles/h coz tickets from spain dont come to france, so im not afraid for radas, but roads are not bad. so that couldnt do the harm.
roads in france are very good, so i really dont understand what could b a cause of such damage.

did any of u change parts in their front suspension and what mileage you had at that point.

i just what to have a picture of front suspension reliability on IS.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe go get a 2nd opinion? That always confims if indeed is the real problem
yeah, i will for sure. what sucks is that each time it costs abt 100 euros :(

i just wanted to find out how reliable is IS300 suspension is in general?

its strange that apart from u no one has an opinion.

all of u have NO problems with ur suspension at all?!?!?!:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts