Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some suspension issues on the left front of my 01 is300. Read a few thing stating it might either be the lower control arms or the struts.

Anyone have an thoughts or information regarding this. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Having some suspension issues on the left front of my 01 is300. Read a few thing stating it might either be the lower control arms or the struts.

Anyone have an thoughts or information regarding this. It would be much appreciated. Thanks
Definitely some part or other.

·
4,778 Posts

It would help to know what the issue is or what it is doing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for contacting me back. It is easily turning left. You can feel the road, as in every bump.

I took it to a mechanic because i couldn't see any obvious damage to the control arms. He stated it was the lower rear control arm.

i juat bought two one for each side for $105 from 1a auto.

·
4,778 Posts
It does not sound like the lower control arm. Unless the bushing is gone. If that was the case it would not drive straight.

If you press down and release the front end does it bounce? If so it is the shocks. Other than that I would need a better idea of what feeling every bump is like. What size bump, etc...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i believe its the bushing. I appreciate your input.
the parts are coming in on the 13th.
would you happen to have a link to replace the front lower rearward control arms on an 2001 is300?

·
4,778 Posts
Yes i believe its the bushing. I appreciate your input.
the parts are coming in on the 13th.
would you happen to have a link to replace the front lower rearward control arms on an 2001 is300?

·
Registered
242 Posts
So it was these? The number 2 lower control arms?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Here are what mine looked like when I pulled them. Bushings were shot... The one on the left (passenger) had corroded to the mount and required a lot of PB blaster and patience to remove...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts