Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tired the search and didnt get anthing i needed answered. Im lookin into a new suspension set up to do some Auto X or Circuit. Im thinking about getting the Greddy Type S, JIC, or maybe Tein. Unless any of you guys have something better in mind. The highest I would spend would be about $1800.

+Rep to anyone that could help.

·
Registered
579 Posts
so is your question, where to find them? or which one is better? cuz if youre looking to spend 1800 you can still find great coilovers for a bit cheaper and also still have money for other upgrades.

i personally dont like tein cuz a lot of their street applications are hella expensive, and then their race applications are that much more. on the other hand, you could get better race setups from quality companies such as JIC, Zeal (http://endlessusa.com/main/ in case you were wondering) or Stance.

hope this helped.
i'll chime in with more info after asking some buddies of mine.

·
Registered
703 Posts
HKS coilovers are another one you can add to the maybe list

as for characteristics everyones gonna have they're own opinion on feel and stability especially for track.. what may be comfortable me at the track may not suite your comfortzone.. just a thought.

·
Registered
650 Posts
zeil and silkroad are awesome brands when it comes to stiffness. i currently have jic flt a2 and there great for street and track use.

Reactions: 808_SXE10

·
Registered
579 Posts
bahhhhhh USDM Is300 wins lol. good choice anyway, HKS coilovers ae great from what i hear

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
probably too late, but the JIC FLT-A2's perform great. Just make sure you get the dual adjustment HKS ones. getting single adjustment is kinda pointless. see if the shockbody screws out of the lower body or is it a one piece coilover? you don't want to be changing spring rates as you raise/lower the car.

from my experience Endless/Zeal are the most comfortable of the race style coilovers. Tein of course are the most comfortable, but....LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts