Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll get getting that installed soon.. I think I'll b the first IS in the states to have that.. there is a little mod that has to be done I'll post pics once I get it done.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by Crispy3:
I'll get getting that installed soon.. I think I'll b the first IS in the states to have that.. there is a little mod that has to be done I'll post pics once I get it done.
I'm interested in the HP numbers too. Please don't forget to post some pics, I been waiting for the Blitz SUS to come out for quite sometime now.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You guys should check out this link to a filtration test/comparison on Clublexus. If I recall the Blitz SUS did rather poorly in terms of filtration, but well in creating power.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by Risk3233:
You guys should check out this link to a filtration test/comparison on Clublexus. If I recall the Blitz SUS did rather poorly in terms of filtration, but well in creating power.
sounds a no-no since it could mess-up any sensor within the intake section, yes?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i did not paint over the clips i was using small paint brush around them (pain in the a$$)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by Risk3233:
Try this link. This is the link to the Clublexus page.
http://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20282

If it doesn't work, just go to Clublexus. It's on the main forum page.
Risk,

I read the site... thanks a lot, bro!

I was surprised the Apexi Power intake wins the tests. Do you know anyplace which sell the Apexi Power intake? How much for the Apexi intake?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My brother in law works for veilside (the only branch in the states) and one of his dealers is some Blitz guy. He hooked me up with this. He said it's not out yet and mine will probably be the first IS to try it out. It is actually for the Altezza but he can install it with few mods. He told me the HP gained to wheel will be 1-2 however it will help with the milage by a LOT, which is fine with me since I just wanted the intake to help the milage in the firstplace. He did not give me much information as to part number and things like that. I will probably have him install it sometime either this weekend or next weekend. I'll try to get more info then and post some pics

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've seen a similar Blitz SUS filter on a new generation Celica.

IMO it's a little overpriced for what it does. Essentially, it's just a cone filter w/an adapter that connects to the OEM intake tube. It replaces the OEM air box.

IMO it does too little at too high a cost. You're probably better off getting a Blitz drop-in panel filter and get about the same results at anywhere from 1/3 to 1/5 the cost.

Just my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts