Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the cold weather parts of the country, how many have either bought snow tire packages, put on all-seasons, or stayed with the stock set-up to get through the winter?? Also, if you did change or replace tires, what did you get??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapped Stock 17" tires with Toyo FZ4 All-Seasons. I too almost killed myself with the Potenza tires.

[This message has been edited by JAWS (edited January 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am hopefully getting mine soon. I want to get new rims in the spring, but i would rather have the 17's and toss some winter tires on those then the 16's. Is this a good idea or not?

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I didn't get snow tires. I would recommend them. My IS SUCKS in the snow. I drive my Bimmer in the snow. It is much better.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
159 Posts
I heard those new DS1 tires are the best. My friend got them on his 12 sec Talon and he says they are the best snow tires he's ever ran. We took sharp turns on snow covered roads at pretty high speeds and never lost control once.
Originally posted by ISLover:
Dunlop Graspic DS-1 are on mine, they are EXCELLENT.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Kept the summer tiress on in MA. For the snow days (2 so far) i rent a car from rent a wreck. $60 so far this winter. Still cheaper than buying tires and rims.

·
Registered
135 Posts
$152/tire installed. Includes mounting, balancing, stems, all taxes. SS, I realize you didn't ask me, still thought you'd like to know.

UOTE]Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
How much did you pay for those? They're on my shopping list.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a set of used 17" IS300 wheels for $600 and put Pirelli P7000 SS on them for winter. I'm saving the graphite 17" w/Bridgestones for April-Sept. This way I can do my own thing whenever I feel like it.
Of course, I may not recoup the $600 wheel expense in my lifetime!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I haven't had my car that long but it did snow here in St. Louis and couple of days ago and it handled nice with my stock POTENZA'S. but haven't been in the really bad stuff yet!

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
01 Nissan Pathfinder

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing