Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this stuff, and it does what's advertised (not accounting for the mismatch in touch-up and OEM paint colors), but after finishing the process, looking at the hood in the light results in the lovely viewing of multiple surface scratches, the results of removing the blob with Langka.

I used the appropriate cloth to remove the Langka, so is this just supposed to be an expected result of the repair or what?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Langka is non-abrasive. I'm guessing that either you already had those scratches there, or used the wrong type of cloth in the process.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
You didn't wash the car and scrub the area down super well before using it, did you? Claying isn't a bad idea either, but it's too late for you. =(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't do quite the extensive prepping that the above website mentioned, but the surface was clean, and I used a pillow case. I was in a garage, so maybe some dirt swirled around in there or something between the cleaning and use of Langka. Who knows? I'm really the only one who can see it. It just pisses me off that 1) the touch-up doesn't match the OEM and 2) I did put some light scratches in there. I'll probably be able to buff 'em out w/ my 3-step Meguiar process. Oh well. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts