Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored tonight and while i was inspecting the car for the umpteenth time i noticed that the Blitz Nur Spec was a bit rusty....its an all stainless unit but the gunk from the road build a surface layer of rust and dirt. SO i took some 400grit sand paper to the main can and the piping and then gave it a few coats of dark ford blue engine enamel (it looks close to the blue of the car but looks really light in the pix).

:shame: this just wont do

:eek: uuuuuugly

Bungee corded to a tree to be painted

Painted and now drying in the garage ;)

left the tip of course 8)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i kinda like it and i kinda dont but i will have to learn to like it now, i was too lazy to polish it really....and the blue was all i had at the time, you dont really notice it at standing height. It will get covered with the road grime soon anyway...its rainy season here.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
what about STI pink?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no pink...im gonna get some black high temp paint on monday and re-do it but for now it stays.....its not THAT bad :-?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
I don't think it is that bad either. You still have a chrome tip and that is
really the only part that anyone sees.
Except the short people like DT1303. He can see the whole exhaust system.

eh...i shouldn't have said that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rllinghardis300 said:
Dude you should have worked on that bumper damage before the exhaust.. :oops:
i will as soon as i get paid...but this was a $5 can of duplicolor engine enamel compared to a few hundred to do over the rear bumper

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
yuck.........at first i thought the blue was some kinda primer or sumthin'. and you were guna paint it black. but a blue that doesn't even match. hurry up and paint it black....... flat black. shiney black won't look good. just my opinion.

should have just repolished it. i mean you had to get the surface ready to paint it blue anyhow........... or did you just paint over the road grime. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.