Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the supra engine the 2gz-gte? I'm not up on my toyota lexicon.

I searched the archives, but couldn't find anything on the supra engine vs. the IS. What are the main differences?

What sort of boost are guys running to get 450RWHP? I assume it's in the upper teen range.

Thank you very much. You guys have a great and helpful board.

-early

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
supraTT engine is 2jz-gte

IS300 is 2jz-ge

main differences are that the IS engine has vvt-i, where as the only year the supra had vvt-i was '98

supra pistons and rods are different/stronger

compression on supra is lower (for the boost)

-gte- feel free to elaborate :wink:

and when you say "What sort of boost are guys running to get 450RWHP?", are you talking about supra guys or IS guys?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
homerun217 said:
and when you say "What sort of boost are guys running to get 450RWHP?", are you talking about supra guys or IS guys?
Thank you for the info. I was asking about IS guys.

What is the stock CR for the IS?

I assume the VVTi works fine with the aftermarket turbos?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
earlyapex said:
homerun217 said:
Thank you for the info. I was asking about IS guys.

What is the stock CR for the IS?

I assume the VVTi works fine with the aftermarket turbos?
Stock CR for IS300 is 10.5:1

VVT-i will work with aftermarket turbos only if you use an EMU that still allows for it's use. Piggybacks allow you to keep VVT-i. Also, I know the Haltech e6k allows you to keep VVT-i. I am not sure about others. People will chime in, I'm sure.

The differences between the GTE and GE blocks (turbo vs. NA) is different rods/pistons, and the GTE block has oil squirters for each piston. Aside from that, the GTE shortblock and the GE block are identical.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
the vvti will work fine up to a certain power range. after rough estimate would be around 600 rwhp or high 500's from what I have heard and have been told from a few tuners it will really wont do much anymore and the use of cams would be more helpful than anything else.(disabling the vvti would be needed in order to use gte cams)

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
fairuza11 said:
the vvti will work fine up to a certain power range. after rough estimate would be around 600 rwhp or high 500's from what I have heard and have been told from a few tuners it will really wont do much anymore and the use of cams would be more helpful than anything else.(disabling the vvti would be needed in order to use gte cams)[/quote]

so you can put in the GTE cams directly?

·
Registered
29,505 Posts
My super secret Supra that I had to sign a million disclaimers and got a million dollars to keep secret about while I was at this Toyota party the other day will own all of you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, in theorhetical prospects, kind of biblical . . . the GTE's compression rate has an aflac style conversion system that really produces a midland range of pure centrix boost. You can only really achieve that though if you follow the one track guide to boost, otherwise when you do attach the internal agent, the only dilema you'll get is a full trolly.

Hope this helps and that it made some sense to you guys.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
collection said:
Well, in theorhetical prospects, kind of biblical . . . the GTE's compression rate has an aflac style conversion system that really produces a midland range of pure centrix boost. You can only really achieve that though if you follow the one track guide to boost, otherwise when you do attach the internal agent, the only dilema you'll get is a full trolly.

I gave your mom the full trolly last night, woooooweeeee!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
collection said:

But you can offset the ful trolly by respecing the headlight fluid and then adding some spanners to the flux capacitors. Bling BLING!

·
Registered
435 Posts
webguyIS said:
collection said:

I gave your mom the full trolly last night, woooooweeeee!
The blatch probly deserve dat shit . . .

Now gimme a banana cognac bliiiiatch.

·
Registered
435 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
collection said:

But you can offset the ful trolly by respecing the headlight fluid and then adding some spanners to the flux capacitors. Bling BLING!
Bling squared my friend (bling^2)

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
OH LAWD My asshole hurts GTE STYLE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts