Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, one of the reasons i finally decided to post here is because i've noticed that there are quite a few very knowledgeable members on this forum. not only that, but there seems to be a number of toyota fans here as well. I'm looking to purchase another car (this time with performance as priority)in the next year or so, and my choices are either a late model supra tt mkIV or is300. my question is how does the supra handle and does it have the toyota durability and reliability i've come to enjoy? i realize the power it already has and the potential that the motor has. can it be a daily driver? my commute is 26 miles each way.
i love the style of the is and the 4-doors, but the price, albeit affordable, is a little higher than what i'm looking at after purchasing the 4-runner in may. i've heard i can find a supra with decent miles for about 24k?

i appreciate any help, thanks in advance

MAD

·
Registered
3 Posts
the supra that you want, last time i checked will cost you more than a new IS. Plus the TT is a TON more in normal repairs because of the turbo. But the Supra is a very nice car and I dont think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually on ebaymotors.com you can get supras pretty cheap. Im not sure wether or not the TT is the best choice for daily driving especially in traffic. But yeah they are nice cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
YOU WANT THE SUPRA. yes if the turbos go they cost a lot to fix, however it is also a opportunity to build it! my 98 TT has a few mods and is putting down 400RWhp and 410RWtq. that is about 475hp and 450tq at the crank . The only problems you run into will be clutch, $800- 3500 depending on which one you get, Turbos may die, if they are abused, and you will have to replace vacuum lines, they cost about $200.00 Other than that i have had 37,000 toyota trouble free miles with the actuators un plugged. ( means car makes unlimited boost.)

Out next car will be another Supra, 01 4 runner or a IS300. All depends on the woman

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love my IS, but the Supra rules...different categories, there's no comparison. If you can get a Supra for $24K, go for it. It can kill pretty much everthing on the road and the track.

black/ivory
17"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts