Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did plenty of reseach before I posted this,but could not still get the answers that I was looking for.GS's and our brakes are the same right?Well I was just looking through L-tunedparts.com and came across this:http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1474.It says it fits GS's so would it bolt up to our cars,I can see that theres some kind of adapter integrated to the caliper I'm not sure is its the one that fits our cars or not.can anyone clarify if these will bolt right up or will I need and extra adapter?

P.S.
I have 18" SSR comps and the spokes will allow a BBK.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You need both special adaptor bolts and very likely spacers.

The mounting holes of the IS are different compared to the GS or Supra, so even though the GS caliper has the same design as the IS, they are not interchangeable (but the pads, and rotors are the same).

You need special adaptor bolts to install these ... these are approx US$130 shipped from Asia. PM me if you need some.

Also the Supra calipers are HUGE! So you may need spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
irv_usc has done this mod. He could probably give some input on the brackets.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I had the Supra TT brakes, those muthafockas are wide and huge. The IS300 adapters are basically replacement for those silvery color mounting lugs/brackets (whatever you want to call it) you see in the pic. Honestly, pretty good deal for calipers, pads, brake lines, and rotors but you're stilling going to need those adapters or you can elongate the holes on the IS300. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have bought the Supra TT brakes (sold them because they wouldn't clear my iForged rims), I would have bought either a Stoptech or Brembo BBK, no need to worry about carrying a spacer if you get a flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts