Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys =D well, as what the title says. how do i get that supra sounds? i really love the way it purs when its sitting still. i just got the HKS limited exhaust and well, i dun hear anything at all. it just sounds stock to me, but with nicer pull. what do i need to do to make it sounds nicer? thanks for all the advice guys =D

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
240sx_is300 said:
hey there guys =D well, as what the title says. how do i get that supra sounds? i really love the way it purs when its sitting still. i just got the HKS limited exhaust and well, i dun hear anything at all. it just sounds stock to me, but with nicer pull. what do i need to do to make it sounds nicer? thanks for all the advice guys =D
:suspiciou

What are you talking about :lol:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
get a Header and Y pipe combo...will make it more "deeper and throatier" sounding

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
get a Header and Y pipe combo...will make it more "deeper and throatier" sounding
What he said^^^^ You also might want to look in to turning your mastery of engrish into a mastery of english.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry about the typing. i did that all this morning and i didnt sleep very well from last night. i had about 2 hours worth of sleep. (stupid work kept me for about 18 hours yesterday). what i ment to say is i wanted the supra all motor sound becuase knowning that we have the 2jz motor, i can get the sweet sound that it can put out. i have a hks ti limited just installed this morning by my roommate and i. when i first turned on the car. i was shock to hear what noise came out of the exhaust.... nothing =P so pretty much what i ment to say is that its stock sound again. i have the power of a aftermarket exhaust, but the sound of a stock car. how do i get it to have a purring sound?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
240sx_is300 said:
sorry about the typing. i did that all this morning and i didnt sleep very well from last night. i had about 2 hours worth of sleep. (stupid work kept me for about 18 hours yesterday). what i ment to say is i wanted the supra all motor sound becuase knowning that we have the 2jz motor, i can get the sweet sound that it can put out. i have a hks ti limited just installed this morning by my roommate and i. when i first turned on the car. i was shocked to hear what noise came out of the exhaust.... nothing =P so pretty much what i ment to say is that its stock sound again. i have the power of a aftermarket exhaust, but the sound of a stock car. how do i get it to have a purring sound?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
240sx_is300 said:
sorry about the typing. i did that all this morning and i didnt sleep very well from last night. i had about 2 hours worth of sleep. (stupid work kept me for about 18 hours yesterday). what i ment to say is i wanted the supra all motor sound becuase knowning that we have the 2jz motor, i can get the sweet sound that it can put out. i have a hks ti limited just installed this morning by my roommate and i. when i first turned on the car. i was shock to hear what noise came out of the exhaust.... nothing =P so pretty much what i ment to say is that its stock sound again. i have the power of a aftermarket exhaust, but the sound of a stock car. how do i get it to have a purring sound?

it'll usually sound like that when it's new.....gotta break it in or something because when i put on my cf/ti it sounded stock but after a couple hundred miles it gotta louder.....but with the ti limited it likely won't get that loud

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
gosh... you guys are CLUELESS... the secret is to record a tape of a fine tuned SUPRA then place the speaker by the Y-Pipe and just listen to the sweet sweet sound! EVERYONE does it! It's the new "cool" thing to do. :D hahahaha

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Here's what you do: sell me your Ti Limited for very cheap, and get a louder exhaust like a Dragger or Hiper. Done!

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have a hiper... a few of my friends thought i was a supra coming down the street when i first got it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
the wrong tone said:
Here's what you do: sell me your Ti Limited for very cheap, and get a louder exhaust like a Dragger or Hiper. Done!

I thought the Drager II is quieter than the Ti?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
B_is300 said:
I thought the Drager II is quieter than the Ti?
You may be thinking of the CarbonTi. Which is a carbon-wrapped hiper. I believe he is talking about the Ti Limited, which is supposed to sound close to stock, a la Ltuned.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would love to, but i live in cali so u might know how it is there. =(

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
240 where in socal are u?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
240sx_is300 said:
would love to, but i live in cali so u might know how it is there. =(

Do you live in reseda, in a private house?If im correct you should have a black IS3 and a sick turbo 240sx, No?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts