Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell about the power gains of switching to either regular to TT turbo supra pistons(if any). I have an IS, no FI yet. I do realize that the TT supra's pistons have lower compression to work better with the supra engine but im wondering about the NA supra.
Anyway any input would be helpful. i ran a search and found absolutely nothing useful. Found this question posed before.

So, is there any pro in putting Supra pistons (and rods?) onto the NA IS setup. Im a new luxus owner and am very thirsty for knowledge, esp. on how to increase compression rate(but moreso, how to drop 1/4 mile time).

· Registered
3,132 Posts
you can mill the head, and de-stroke it... but it'll prolly end up costing more, while giving you like.. 20hp.

my car's almost at 70K. i never had ANY drivetrain problems so far.
just f*ck the warranty and go F/I.

· Am I Hype-R???
13,622 Posts
blueIS said:
you can mill the head, and de-stroke it... but it'll prolly end up costing more, while giving you like.. 20hp.
plus, you'll have to do a lot more than just mill the head...for one thing, the timing may be off due to the distance of the timing belt in reference to the crank... :wink: there's more but i'm pretty sure if someone is milling a head, they'll know all this stuff...right??? :)

· Registered
1,784 Posts
187g said:
Can anyone tell about the power gains of switching to either regular to TT turbo supra pistons(if any). I have an IS, no FI yet. I do realize that the TT supra's pistons have lower compression to work better with the supra engine but im wondering about the NA supra.
Anyway any input would be helpful. i ran a search and found absolutely nothing useful. Found this question posed before.

So, is there any pro in putting Supra pistons (and rods?) onto the NA IS setup. Im a new luxus owner and am very thirsty for knowledge, esp. on how to increase compression rate(but moreso, how to drop 1/4 mile time).
It doesn't make any sense to put TT internals on an n/a IS300. You're spending a lot of money, only to find out now you have less power due to the lower c/r, and you will have to spend even MORE money just to get back to your stock power levels.

What is your reasoning behind wanting to put the TT internals in an n/a application?

· Registered
30,490 Posts
187g said:
Ok then, how about regular supra pistons?
what's your logic here in your obsession about supra pistons? there are so many easier ways to get more power other than busting open your engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.