Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice there's quite a few Supra fans here. I think it's one of the best sports cars Japan has ever produced, and I hate the fact that they don't still sell it here in the US.
Does anyone have any news on the rumored 2002/2003 Supra?? I read somewhere that it'll have a V8 (4.0 or 4.3L), will be based on the new SC coupe, and will compete with the exotics (Ferrari, Porsche, etc.).
Can't wait to find out more.
The minute it's official, I'm going to a dealer to put a deposit on one.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
The only thing I have really read is that Toyota may have 2 sports cars. The MKV Supra and the 4000GT. The MKV Supra would be based on the Altezza platform and would still be powered by an I6. The 4000GT would be powered by a derivitave of the LeMans V8 and may be built outside of Japan to escape the 280 hp cap, and would have an estimated price tag of $100K.

------------------
By making this post I am not claiming to be an expert of any sort on the topic and should not be taken as such. It's just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, the more the better. I can't afford the $100K version, but I sure can admire it and dream about it.
I'll take the cheaper version...just hope it's rwd, and performs well.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
if its based on the altezza, i'd rather ahve the 100k version or nothing at all =) i kind of liked the sportiness of the supra's exterior, the IS isn't bad but when compared to a supra, yeah, i'd much ratehr have the supra.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Clam, when they say it will be based on the Altezza platform I don't think they mean it'll resemble the Altezza. I take it to mean they will use the chassis and stuff. Like how the Avalon and RX300 are based on the Camry platform.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the supra is the s h i t. nothing can compare to it, except for the GTR. they are both marvels of japanese engineering.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,617 Posts
supras are really cool. i'm so glad i bought it. i really love the power potential. also, the is has the feeling that the supra lacks...so i think if they got the best of both, they'd have a real winner...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i plan on making my stick IS that very combo that you referred to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.